U23's V Newcastle 12-02-18

Discussion in 'Youth, Academy, News & Blogs' started by Boundy Still Lurks, 12 Feb 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. IanABS94

IanABS94
    Expand Collapse
    Shareholder

Biabi scores 1-0 up.

2. Boundy Still Lurks

Boundy Still Lurks
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

I've only caught the second half , when did he score ?

3. IanABS94

IanABS94
    Expand Collapse
    Shareholder

54th minute or so I believe; it was early second half, Gorre to Biabi.

Boundy Still Lurks likes this.
  4. Boundy Still Lurks

Boundy Still Lurks
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Cheers
    The commentators rubbish at keeping the viewer informed of the score ( and he's only 4 miles from me )

5. IanABS94

IanABS94
    Expand Collapse
    Shareholder

1-1 late equaliser from Newcastle.. 85th minute.

6. Borini

Borini
    Expand Collapse

It's half time and the score is 0-0

7. colin-swansea

colin-swansea
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

I dare say Toshack and Richards were disappointed with the late equaliser but too be fair 1-1 was a score line that reflected a competitive game with some tough tackles from both sides, refereed well and saw end to end action. The normal U23 pitch was frozen overnight in front of the seating area and the match was played on the pitch normally used by the U18's, the same pitch that was played on 24 hours earlier for the FAW Youth cup-tie v Newport County.

With Joe Rodon out on loan and Brandon Cooper in the side that beat Newport the previous day, U18 defender Joe Lewis made his first start for the U23's alongside Harries, ad one wonders what the position is with Keston Davies, who has yet to play a game since returning from a loan spell at Yeovil Town when the window re-opened.

Swans need to win at Burnley a week next Tuesday to qualify for the knock out stages.

On Friday at 7pm. Tottenham Hotspur are the visitors to Landore for an U23 PL game.

8. Ivoralljack

Ivoralljack
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Anyone see the column filler yesterday that George Byers may be off to DC United? Seems like the bastards have started to asset strip our young players now as I had hopes that Byers would eventually step up for us.

9. IanABS94

IanABS94
    Expand Collapse
    Shareholder

Is it on loan? Wouldn't be the worst move as he could use some first team experience. Wouldn't want to sell him though.

10. colin-swansea

colin-swansea
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

I was surprised when Byers wasn’t listed as one of the subs v Notts. County and if anything can be read into that decision then the possibility is that either he is not rated by Carlos or they feel he could benefit from the experience of football in the US.
    I wonder if Keston Davies is off to the US as well.