Match Review The Swans v The Wall

Discussion in 'Match Day' started by azzuriswan, 7 Feb 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. john goulding

john goulding
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

They nearly scored.

2. IanABS94

IanABS94
    Expand Collapse
    Shareholder

Holy crap that was too close.

3. giraldus-swan

giraldus-swan
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

good win, scary end

Neveroffsideref likes this.
  4. giraldus-swan

giraldus-swan
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

afternoon everyone!

5. john goulding

john goulding
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Nite note all. Leeds next cu then

6. IanABS94

IanABS94
    Expand Collapse
    Shareholder

Good Win.

7. Neveroffsideref

Neveroffsideref
    Expand Collapse
    Good Cop

Match review

Got to be happy to be back on the winning trail. :)

8. orangejack69

orangejack69
    Expand Collapse
    Shareholder

Well done boys. Great 3 points.

9. Stanton Galluzzo

Stanton Galluzzo
    Expand Collapse
    Swan

Delighted for Byers to get his first senior goal. Solid three points and double over the lions

10. andagain

andagain
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

11. azzuriswan

azzuriswan
    Expand Collapse
    Shareholder

What a day. Home delivered breakfast.....very palatable.
    Hot chocolate sitting in the car before the game.....nice.
    Onto the game....
    Strange one as we were the team with the skill and football the Wall had the heavy foot stuff up in the air picking up any snow in the clouds. I wish we took more shots at goal when we are in control as we were especially in the firstK half. Great goal from Byers at the end of the half.
    The second half was a glad to see the end of as we were on the back foot for much of it. Mulder made a couple of saves of note.. The defence did their bit and it was a shame that John went off injured. Routs had one of his better games and James was a breath of fresh air. The rains came down earlier than forecast and the vocal support was better than on previous occasions. Most fans stayed to the end.
    This was the first double against this lot in in 90 years......
    We are still 6 points off the playoffs and up to 11th place.
    Another win at the Liberty. Are we making this something of a fortress?

IanABS94, leannewales and Bubbles like this.
  12. Boundy Still Lurks

Boundy Still Lurks
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Again a fair review of todays proceedings (not sure about the hot chocolate though), Mill wall had to go for it in the second half so that pressure wasn't unexpected and imo I thought we dealt with their attacks quite well although another goal for us would have no doubt calmed the nervous amongst us but I thought we wre the better team throughout. I think sometimes we forget actually how lacking experience the squad has at this level , certainly today if 6 months ago someone put up todays team sheet most of us would have laughed out loud or put a gun to a head . We won't win every game (as shown) but If they keep developing as they are and if the yanks let Potter continue working with this group of players then I'd say the future on the pitch is better than we could have previously hoped for.

Bubbles, leannewales and IanABS94 like this.
  13. Kevtherev

Kevtherev
    Expand Collapse
    Swan Legend

Good day yesterday couple of pints before game saw my nephew who went on the protest march then on to the game. Great respect shown for Emiliano Sala before game don't think I heard any Cardiff chants either. Imo I think we looked comfortable for 80 minutes largely had the upper hand in attack, some wasted opportunities again could have had 3 if we had a fit Mcburnie starting. Some sloppy passing at times on both sides but Millwall didn't really worry us. Saying that it had all the hallmarks of one of those games early season that we had most of the game but gave it away I was never comfortable with the 1-0 lead. Ollie came on but was no way 100% should have stayed off imo and let him recover for Leeds. But a cracking goal for Byers who had a good game. Some useful performances across the park tbh. And if Dan had gone it would definitely been a different game he was a right pain in the arse for the big Millwall defense. 3 points in the bag, sorted. News today of a Jenkins and foreign, Arab I think buyout of the Yanks.
    You can't make it up can you
    Have a good Sunday fellow jacks
    STID.

14. Bubbles

Bubbles
    Expand Collapse
    Inmate 3

Great write up again Kev, thanks (Y)

Kevtherev likes this.