Match Review The Swans v The Rams

Discussion in 'Match Day' started by azzuriswan, 29 Apr 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. azzuriswan

azzuriswan
    Expand Collapse
    Shareholder

Here it is then...our last home game of the season. Not a step closer to the play offs but perhaps a chance to put a dampener on Frankies boys. Could our players give us a great send off with a stunning performance and win or another damp squib. The former hopefully. We have all got our favourite players to keep and get rid of and so I would envisage that shortly we will start seeing further departures of fringe players not proper first team lads. I can always dream.-
    We will look back on the season thinking about the one or two games where we lost from winning positions that could have put us in pole. But that then shows that we are not far off being a very good side.
    A win tonight please to sign off a very good home record...

2. Boundy Still Lurks

Boundy Still Lurks
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Nothing game really for us , agents will be preparing for a busy summer so a draw at best . Please say the games on Wednesday ( I'm washing my hair tonight)

leannewales likes this.
  3. leannewales

leannewales
    Expand Collapse
    Shareholder

:smiley rotflmao: Have you got any hair to wash?....nah don't answer that......tis Wednesday....Azzuri is ahead of the game!!! xx

4. Boundy Still Lurks

Boundy Still Lurks
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

naked as the day I was born , but you knew that you little tinker :D

leannewales likes this.
  5. Neveroffsideref

Neveroffsideref
    Expand Collapse
    Good Cop

Phew I’m off to watch Avengers End Game tomorrow night. It might be the end game for Dan & Oli on Wednesday.

6. azzuriswan

azzuriswan
    Expand Collapse
    Shareholder

Apologies Boundy I was getting excited. Yes the game is on Wednesday. Cant wait to see our players `wipe` the grin off Frankies face with a win even though as they say there is nothing on it for us.

7. Muttley

Muttley
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Brizzle fans are all Swans for tonight, we could do them a big favour. I'm hoping for fast, free-flowing football and we have to win just to stop Frankie Boy doing that stupid arm wavey thing he does to to the Rams fans when they win. 3-1 win with goals for Oli, Celina and DeeJ (he's got to get one in his last home game for us!). COYS!!!

8. azzuriswan

azzuriswan
    Expand Collapse
    Shareholder

GP has alluded to the fact that he wants us to win tonight to keep the good home run going and no doubt for us fans to have something cheerful to wave goodbye to the season at home anyway...

9. Neveroffsideref

Neveroffsideref
    Expand Collapse
    Good Cop

Thread live

10. Jacks Away

Jacks Away
    Expand Collapse
    Inmate 2

We are shit.

Neveroffsideref likes this.
  11. Neveroffsideref

Neveroffsideref
    Expand Collapse
    Good Cop

Look they scored from a corner. Can’t we defend corners, what does the coaching team do at training, we’re continuously conceding from corners.

12. Jacks Away

Jacks Away
    Expand Collapse
    Inmate 2

We are still shit.

13. Neveroffsideref

Neveroffsideref
    Expand Collapse
    Good Cop

Match review

CBA.

14. IanABS94

IanABS94
    Expand Collapse
    Shareholder

Draw. Unbeaten so far at home in 2019. Season over though so fuck it.

All eyes are on the summer window and my stomach shifts when I think what the squad will look like September 1st when the window closes. I fear for this team and fear that what has to be seen as a positive season is only one that will be remembered with bitterness when the owners ship off all the decent players and further reduce our squad to league 2 quality.

15. azzuriswan

azzuriswan
    Expand Collapse
    Shareholder

Game of 2 halves? Too many of our players in the first half were strolling around and made Derby look a lot better than they were in my opinion.
    At half time the tinkerman did his usual dumping a highly ineffective McKay and an injured McNaughton for Fulton and John. In fairness to both they injected some pace and cajoled the others to do this high press game which we are quite successful in. Daniel James needs to learn when and who to pass to , Ollie is not a dribbler at least when he has the ball at his feet.....Routs again showed his class and deserved his 5th goal of the season...Asoro came on for James. Is that his last Liberty appearance?
    A draw in the end and we will look back at 2 or 3 games that we should have won that would have put us in the play offs. But were we good enough?

Victor, IanABS94 and Muttley like this.
  16. Muttley

Muttley
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

I enjoyed the game. Well, from the time the substitutions were made - McKay was too lightweight again and was playing centrally when he should have been wider to give Connor support, Declan John and Jay Fulton played well with some excellent link-up play with Matty Grimes. Up front it didn't look too much like anything was going to happen unless the ball was with Routs who was excellent again. Thought that Nordfeldt had a good game and made one great save - there was nothing that he could have done about the goal. Yet again, absolutely appalling officials - wtf was the ref doing blowing up when vdH had run the length of the pitch, rode a few fouls and was almost through on goal - if ever there was a case for playing advantage then that was it.
    Some lovely one-touch stuff by the lads and we could be challenging next season if the yanks don't sell us down the river in the window.

Victor and IanABS94 like this.