The admiration of other teams

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by refugee, 23 Apr 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. refugee

refugee
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

I thought Laudrup was bad but Carlos seems to have taken it to the next level.Granted many of our players are shallow , cowardly cretins but it can't help to hear your manager spout such lachrymose drivel prior to a game.
    I d rather the Shankly way of rubbishing the opposition . He made the players feel ten feet tall .Ours look six feet under and craven beyond belief.
    I feel for Carlos given the players s he been given but ffs resist the temptation to laud the opposition whoever they are.

And before I forget ,Ki at Milan ? Almost made me chortle of my Coco Pops.

Efrog Jack likes this.
  2. Boundy Still Lurks

Boundy Still Lurks
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

I'm hoping Ki needs someone to pack his back for him , I'd make myself available for that little number and I wouldn't consider it a chore either

Victor, keefjack and Neveroffsideref like this.
  3. refugee

refugee
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

I ll help. Feck, I ll even make another trip back home.
    I want to punch this twat boundy. I reckon I could take him out with three blows

4. Boundy Still Lurks

Boundy Still Lurks
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

I just want him gone , we've had one good season out of him the rest he's been consistently crap , a coward of a player

5. Neveroffsideref

Neveroffsideref
    Expand Collapse
    Good Cop

That many, I bet he's a one punch wonder. I've got Pickfords lined up to move him, and with my bad back, I'll help load the lorry!!

6. refugee

refugee
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Ive got arthritis in my wrists so it would have to be a knee to the knackers followed up by two to the rib cage.

I can get pretty angry even at my age and I reckon he d shite himself if I confronted him.
    That said, I'm sure Percy the Stadium Cat would give him nightmares

Neveroffsideref likes this.
  7. Yankee_Jack

Yankee_Jack
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

We lose Ki then we lose the one player in mid-field remotely capable of putting foot on ball, lifting his head and making a decent pass over any distance, with a shot etc.

Once again, because of a lack of any other better option, he is being used in his weakest role as a deep midfield player. His best role is as a more advanced midfield player. He has creativity and a shot and the ability to finish in the box that we rarely see because coach after coach play him deep.

Our midfield was out numbered yesterday because we played five in a row across the back with most of those five not really having anything to do until a City player made a run from midfield. Our setup was disjoint and offered nothing to counter the way City play.

UglyDugling and jaitheswan like this.
  8. Imalumberjack

Imalumberjack
    Expand Collapse
    Shareholder

'Has' and 'Uses" are very different things - if i've said it once I've said it a dozen times - when he plays with Leon he looks like a footballer as he has someone to work his bollocks off and enough football nous to bring him onto the game. Without Leon he's a disinterested chicken shit excuse. Your explanation is actually his biggest condemnation so far - he has the skills - he just doesn't have the balls (testicles) to use them. He may be better playing forward but what's the excuse for not trying and shitting out of every tackle. The rest of the squad can just be written off as fecking useless - though some do try quite often.

9. vaughan jones

vaughan jones
    Expand Collapse
    Super Swan

I watched MOTD,i cannot believe what I saw,did any of our team move at all,apart from Fab. bending over to pick the ball out of the net! If we survive our set up will only ensure we have a season next year same as this one. Two managers,crap buys etc.20000 supporters can see it,I think the owners have little or no interest in the club,if they did they would do something!

Victor, Ivoralljack and jaitheswan like this.
  10. Boundy Still Lurks

Boundy Still Lurks
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

But they are doing something ,they're making money and that's all that matters

waynekerr55 and keefjack like this.
  11. Efrog Jack

Efrog Jack
    Expand Collapse
    Shareholder

Let's face it, if we'd played 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 yesterday, the goal difference would still have been 5 but the score would have been 6-1 or 7-2.

Man City are more than one level above us this season but I'd rather us take them on and try and score than bend over and have them rip us a new one.

I was more gutted at the approach than the performance yesterday.

jkcan, UglyDugling, Sarah and 2 others like this.
  12. Efrog Jack

Efrog Jack
    Expand Collapse
    Shareholder

Be careful, he might know tae-kwon-do.

13. PGFWhite

PGFWhite
    Expand Collapse
    Rissole Expert

That's a bit harsh on boundy :D

Ladygargar and keefjack like this.
  14. Boundy Still Lurks

Boundy Still Lurks
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

That's what I thought , I mean we've never even met although if we did I could understand why ;)

Ladygargar and PGFWhite like this.
  15. Ladygargar

Ladygargar
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Punctuation, punctuation, punctuation.

Poor Boundy; battered for a misplaced comma :eek:

keefjack and Ivoralljack like this.
  16. Boundy Still Lurks

Boundy Still Lurks
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

I've been battered for far less :(

keefjack and Ladygargar like this.
  17. PGFWhite

PGFWhite
    Expand Collapse
    Rissole Expert

It looks like refugee wants to put him into a comma.:210:

18. vaughan jones

vaughan jones
    Expand Collapse
    Super Swan

I get the impression that while the owners liked the idea of a Premier League team the reality is that at our level the profit is small,hence the lack of interest,we are never going to be a major player,the old story of the difference between perception and reality. We are on the edge of relegation,if the newly promoted teams perform we are in the shite for next season, we have nothing in our set up to show that we can improve for the future. Can you suggest any of team performing to 100%,hope Fab. doesn't get injured.

19. Victor

Victor
    Expand Collapse
    Shareholder

West Ham, West Brom, Stoke City and Southampton would have beaten that shower we had out on Saturday
    Easily. They were so poor it was embarrassing, a laughing stock.
    The heart of a team is the mid field, but we had no heart at all. I don't want to see Ki in a Swansea shirt again .
    I also don't rate Carol, Spurs tried to get rid of him for a long time, but he was not wanted by any club, but Jinks took him. This lot earn a hell of a lot of money, and should compensate all the Fans who they let down on Saturday with that shameful display. I was not there, but even I squirmed in my seat watching that.

20. Venus Loon

Venus Loon
    Expand Collapse
    Super Swan

I agree re Carroll. What does he add to the team :
    He can't tackle, doesn't score goals, can't head the ball, isn't capable of a telling assist and his passing is only acceptable because it is usually sideways to a player a couple of yards away.