Match Review Swansea vs Spurs

Discussion in 'Match Day' started by IanABS94, 2 Apr 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. IanABS94

IanABS94
    Expand Collapse

Well Fuck;

We could see ourselves in 18th position come Thursday morning if Hull beat Boro and we don't win against Spurs. We can only hope that we get a draw from this game and Hull & Boro play a boring 0-0 draw.

Sadly I think Boro are going to have to REALLY go for it on Wednesday leaving themselves wide open for a flying Hull (at home at least).

Spurs will be without quite a few players. Kane is a major doubt, Lamela is gone for the season, Wanyama and Winks (their two preferred holding midfielders) are both unable to make it and their second choice striker in Janseen is a minor doubt.

A point would be acceptable although unlikely. We're into the final stretch now and with three timid performances in a row hopefully a big club match will wake us up and get us to perform at some good level. We can only hope Llorente is fit for it.

ExpatJack and Ladygargar like this.
  2. Istillmissthevetch

Istillmissthevetch
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

I fully expect our goal difference to be worse than Hull's by 10 on Wednesday evening.

3. PGFWhite

PGFWhite
    Expand Collapse
    Rissole Expert

Can we have a public flogging of Huw Jenkins in the Fan Zone prior to the game?

Swans 0 Spurs 4

JACKFLASH likes this.
  4. Istillmissthevetch

Istillmissthevetch
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Play like we have today and in the last four games and we're in for a tanking.

5. ExpatJack

ExpatJack
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

You are Mr.Swan and I request my £5 . :89:

Istillmissthevetch likes this.
  6. ExpatJack

ExpatJack
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Spurs are shit, and we'll destroy their title hopes. :91edea8f::wave::91edea8f:

7. MrSwan

MrSwan
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Fuck all to lose throw the kitchen sink at them,

Fabianski
    Naughton Fernandez Mawson Olson
    Cork Carroll
    Montero Sigurdsson Narsingh
    Borja

Jacket, ExpatJack and Ladygargar like this.
  8. Neveroffsideref

Neveroffsideref
    Expand Collapse
    Good Cop

Mate in work with me, big Spurs fan reckons we will beat them. His words "best time to play us with our injuries" it wouldn't surprise me that we beat them either.

ExpatJack, Ladygargar and Ivoralljack like this.
  9. Ivoralljack

Ivoralljack
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Surprisingly it also wouldn't surprise me :{ : we tend to be that sort of a team. Spurs have always been a problem for us in that they can "out-football" us and they can also out muscle us. That doesn't leave us with too many options. They have an outside chance of the title and definitely want to make the first four, so they'll be coming at us hard and fast for 90 minutes.

BUT if we disrupt their supply we have a chance. Erikson is the one who makes them tick and if we give him room to play we'll be slaughtered....... again. So I would detail a player to sit on him and stifle his output. I suggest a physical approach could work well to make him wish he was somewhere else; make him think there's always another game, another day.

Dele Ali is another. For a variety of reasons I want that cheating fcuker to be hit hard and often. He's got a combustible nature and we just might needle him into a card or preferably two. We don't have a lot going for us in this game but, known as a soft team, we might surprise them with a physical approach. If we knock them out of their stride and get a bit of luck, we just might nick a goal or two and win it.

It's a long shot but the secret is to stop their play-makers in their tracks. Do that and we have a chance.

10. PGFWhite

PGFWhite
    Expand Collapse
    Rissole Expert

----------------------Fabianski----------------------
    Naughton - Fernandez- Mawson - Kingsley
    --Narsingh - Ki - Britton - Siggy - Olsson---
    ----------------------Baston--------------------------

#10 PGFWhite, 3 Apr 2017
    Last edited: 3 Apr 2017
    IanABS94 likes this.
  11. IanABS94

IanABS94
    Expand Collapse

The most important thing that happens Wednesday is that Boro & Hull play to a draw. A point against Spurs would be fantastic but it's much more realistic to see Hull & Boro share a point each. If that happens we can tick off another game Hull are behind us; especially against a relegation rival. To be honest a Boro win wouldn't be the worst thing either as they don't have enough to stave off relegation.

IvoralljackIvoralljack I definitely agree we should be giving Alli and Eriksson some kicks and I think we'll do that. We gave quite a few to Traore against Boro and he faded from the game in the second half. Need a good Fer/Mawson foot on the ankle.

12. PGFWhite

PGFWhite
    Expand Collapse
    Rissole Expert

Traore was hacked down by Mawson, bounced straight back up and produced a cross which nearly led to a goal. An outstanding moment of athleticism and brilliance from the best player on the field by a country mile!

Behindthegoal and ExpatJack like this.
  13. IanABS94

IanABS94
    Expand Collapse

Indeed, and had we not kicked him he probably would've scored!

14. Istillmissthevetch

Istillmissthevetch
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Traore impressed me and quite a few around me in the first half and for that one raid in the second (liked his attitude -could easily have gone to ground and rolled around for a fee kick and claimed a elbow card). As someone said "borough got him from Villa ... we got Ayew (I thought Ayew would be far moe dynamic than he has been!)
    But, back to Traore - he more or less disappeared in the second (thankfully).

IanABS94 likes this.
  15. Ivoralljack

Ivoralljack
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Clement is thinking of starting with Ayew up top again but has stated the obvious in that he needs different service to Llorente who is a major doubt for the team (unless Clement is playing mind games). I moaned loud and long on the Boro thread that Ayew was never going to win the aerial battle against much taller defenders and asked why wasn't the delivery tailored to better suit Ayew and Clement said as much in the WM today.

“I think you can still cross the ball, but the type of cross needs to be different. You cannot loop them in from deep, they have to come in a lot harder, lower and earlier and vary the angles in terms of cutbacks and things like that".

I assume Clement saw what we did: that our crosses were ineffectual without a tall, physical target man to compete for them. But we kept on doing the same thing time after time. We have to accept that Clement issued instructions to change it: if not, why not? But even if he didn't, don't the players have the nous, the intelligence to see that what they were doing wasn't working and change tack themselves? If I could see it, surely they could. They are supposed to be professionals after all.

Anyway, let's see what Wednesday brings. Even if they don't start I hope we see either or both of Borja and Olli Mac if the situation demands it. I'm rather hoping that we don't see them off the bench actually because that'll mean that we're doing well. Hope does spring eternal!!

16. ExpatJack

ExpatJack
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Yeah. Not a wonderful reading.

• Swansea have never beaten Tottenham in 11 attempts in the Premier League, drawing two and losing nine.
    • Tottenham have scored in all 11 of their Premier League fixtures against Swansea, netting 25 goals in total (2.3 per game).
    • Of all teams Tottenham have faced 10+ times in the Premier League, they have their highest win rate (82%) and goals-per-game average (2.6) against Swansea.

17. Ladygargar

Ladygargar
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

They'll have a job on with half a team tho, most of them are still on the slab after the weekend. Didn't say too much about that did the Fleet Street (Londoncentric) rag??

We've got nothing to lose - shit or bust I say

18. ExpatJack

ExpatJack
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Will you explain this ^^^^ to Clement? Please?

Nom Nom likes this.
  19. Ladygargar

Ladygargar
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

You mean he doesn't read this???:49e341ac:

Istillmissthevetch likes this.