Match Review Super Swans v Palarse

Discussion in 'Match Day' started by Borini, 23 Nov 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Boundy Still Lurks

Boundy Still Lurks
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

-----------Fabianski-------------
    Naughton --VDH --Amat --Taylor
    ------Fulton-----Leon--------
    Barrow-- Fer -- Montero
    ------Sigurdsson------

Not too many changes for me . VDH for Fed , a better defensive centre half when defending high balls and we'll need someone who can deal with Benteke's aerial threat and also at the other end he's also good at winning a ball from corners . Fulton to stay in because he deserves to also another threat in the opposition box from corners ,something which is Palace's weakness and something we need to exploit. I expect Barrow to start along with Montero which will keep the pitch as wide as possible and hopefully keep them on the back foot .Not an easy game or one to predict but 3 points it has to be .

2. Borini

Borini
    Expand Collapse

True
    He can go and do one

3. PGFWhite

PGFWhite
    Expand Collapse
    Rissole Expert

The Swans to win a blood and thunder relegation battle 2-1.

I've got everything crossed and have even plaited both my knobs. Up the Jacks. :201:

ExpatJack and Neveroffsideref like this.
  4. Bovi

Bovi
    Expand Collapse
    Inmate 1

They won't let me take Colin in after the last time I took him on holiday to London the bastards. image.png
    I can't help it he doesn't like English teams can I

Borini and Nom Nom like this.
  5. Nom Nom

Nom Nom
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Changed this to match thread.
    I'm sure NeveroffsiderefNeveroffsideref will make the thread live later as the rest of the mods will be at the Liberty :whistling:

6. Neveroffsideref

Neveroffsideref
    Expand Collapse
    Good Cop

Yep will do, once we get the team news in!!

7. Hugh Jampton

Hugh Jampton
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

A thinly veiled "try to forget you've got a total fucking dickhead as a manager for a couple of hours and hope Gylfi can salvage something".

leannewales likes this.
  8. Hugh Jampton

Hugh Jampton
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Yes, because Taylor is such a threat going forward (to anyone behind the goal in Row Z). Or are you going all out for a draw?

Hello, Bob.

GiantJuicyPeach likes this.
  9. Yankee_Jack

Yankee_Jack
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

For true legends, their best position is often said to be "on the field". For Taylor, reverse that.

Borini likes this.
  10. MrSwan

MrSwan
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

7 - 7 thriller

Efrog Jack likes this.
  11. IanABS94

IanABS94
    Expand Collapse
    Shareholder

I'm hungover and have to do shit I don't want to this afternoon. Give me three points to make it better god damnit!

12. Ivoralljack

Ivoralljack
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

It would be good if we could get an early goal for once to settle the lads and give us confidence - just so long as we don't decide to sit back and try to defend it for 80 minutes. This is OUR patch and we need to impose our game on Palace from the off; undermine their belief that today is not going to be the day their bad run ends.

We need to compete with Benteke in the air and Dann will be up there for set pieces as well - neither Amat or Fede are capable of dealing with that, so I'll be interested in the starting CBs. If Puncheon plays he's quick and he's dangerous and able to strike at goal from 30 yards, so he'll need to be watched carefully.

They'll be figuring that this is their best chance of stopping their losing run, so they'll come at us hard but we have to dig in and match them before upping our own game and knocking their confidence. If we do that AND PLAY FOR 90 MINUTES, there's a chance that my prediction of a 2-1 win might be correct at long last.

IanABS94 likes this.
  13. IanABS94

IanABS94
    Expand Collapse
    Shareholder

Unchanged Lineup, hate seeing Taylor there as he's so bloody negative but it is what it is. Have a feeling Benteke will score a header against us though with Fede/Amat as the pairing.

14. OptimistJack

OptimistJack
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Can't complain about the unchanged line-up, but why isn't Baston or Britton on the bench? Are either of them injured?

15. Neveroffsideref

Neveroffsideref
    Expand Collapse
    Good Cop

Agree, not to change the side. Cant understand the Baston thing.

16. Pitcher11

Pitcher11
    Expand Collapse
    Swan

Why is Routledge starting????? I don't remember a player who had so much credit like Routledge has. He's not a PL player. I think that Guidolin and Bradley are in love with him

17. Pitcher11

Pitcher11
    Expand Collapse
    Swan

I'm so angry right now. THIS MAN IS RUINING OUR CLUB.

18. ExpatJack

ExpatJack
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

How on earth is he ruining our club? By choosing his starting XI?

19. Hugh Jampton

Hugh Jampton
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

He should have been replaced three years ago. Along with Taylor, Rangel, Leon, Dyer...
    Speaks volumes about our pisspoor recruitment and fuckwit Jenkins' short-sighted parsimony and misguided football judgement.

What was it Laudrup said about having to buy to stand still in the PL?

ExpatJack likes this.
  20. Mike

Mike
    Expand Collapse
    Super Swan

Strange decision, but perhaps McBurnie has shown something in training to earn a spot ahead of Baston? After all, Baston has hardly set the league alight since coming here. Don't get me wrong, Baston would be on the bench with Llorente, but maybe Bradley has seen something that makes him believe McBurnie has something to offer whereas Baston is out of form (and not fit enough?).

I wonder if there's anything to that story linking Baston with a January move to Valencia?