Match Review SUPER NEW YEARS SWANS V PALARSE

Discussion in 'Match Day' started by Nom Nom, 1 Jan 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Nom Nom

Nom Nom
    Expand Collapse
    VIP Swan

Can Curt lift the team in time for Tuesday's game? will we attack their dodgy defence or will they cause ours to crumble? Will the team raise their game with the new manager expected to be in the stands ? Who would you like to see start ?
    DISCUSS !

PGFWhite and leannewales like this.
  2. Neveroffsideref

Neveroffsideref
    Expand Collapse
    Good Cop

No, we will lose end of. I've no confidence in the team or the club anymore. We will do our usual scoreline 3-0 loss.

3. leannewales

leannewales
    Expand Collapse
    Moderator xxx

We will win 1-0 Siggy will score from a set piece....we will all be fuckin chuffed....the team will play better than they have all season no matter who is on the pitch....

giraldus-swan likes this.
  4. cardijack

cardijack
    Expand Collapse
    Egg

Hoping Steve Caulkner signed in time to play....My team would be...Fab....Rangel, Mawson, Caulkner, Naughton...Fulton, Cork, Siggy, Dyer an Routs...Llorente...

5. Clucasade

Clucasade
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Unpopular opinion - Borja should start. We havent given the poor lad half a chance yet to settle and is still fresh from not playing last game

6. Nom Nom

Nom Nom
    Expand Collapse
    VIP Swan

Agree, give him a go, instruct him to run himself into the ground for 60 mins then bring on llorente for last 30 mins.

ExpatJack likes this.
  7. IanABS94

IanABS94
    Expand Collapse

Borja does that without instruction anyway. Llorente was injured vs Bournemouth so who knows if he'll be fit. If he is out I wouldn't be surprised if Curt plays false nine. Pathetic.

Mithrandir likes this.
  8. Borini

Borini
    Expand Collapse

It's last chance saloon for 3 points as we will not get another point until march....How many points will we need then? We are doomed already.
    Tell Jenkins I know where he sits. I know where he lives .I know where he drinks. As in murder on the Orient express there are 20.000 knives all waiting for his back to be exposed.

9. Bony

Bony
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Palace are playing Arsenal later today, then only 1 day rest, then play us.

Only 1 day break between matches is rare.

Hopefully Swans can take advantage.

3-2 Swans win.

10. Istillmissthevetch

Istillmissthevetch
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Not a hope in hell if Curt does a retake of Saturday!

Fab
    Rangel Amat VdHoorn Naughton (the back line that only lost to an excellent Liverpool with a late PK!)
    Ki Leon Cork (two of three in midfield that lost to an excellent Liverpool with a late PK!)
    Dyer Baston Routledge. (two of three in midfield that lost to an excellent Liverpool with a late PK!)

And the last time we looked like a team.

Nordfeldt, Taylor, Llorente (McBurnie if Ll is injured), Siggy, Fulton, Fernandez, Fer

Fed up hearing how wonderful Mawson & Siggy are without them showing the evidence on the field.

11. IanABS94

IanABS94
    Expand Collapse

We have a chance if Clement is appointed beforehand. They will have to fight for their places so they'll give it their all*

12. Z4CH3B99

Z4CH3B99
    Expand Collapse
    Swan

Mawson doesn't deserve to set foot on the pitch given his recent run of absolutely shambolic defending. He's been picked apart by opposition players and has an uncanny knack of forgetting who he's supposed to mark right before the opposition nets a goal.

What exactly does Siggy provide for us on the pitch? His free kicks and corners have been sub-par, he plays with absolutely no effort whatsoever, and he gets in the way of attacking players by refusing to play out wide.

While we're at it, I hope that Fer never sets foot on the pitch in a swans shirt again! He's a fucking waste of space for large chunks of the game. It's almost as if he's disinterested in what's going on around him.

13. PGFWhite

PGFWhite
    Expand Collapse
    Rissole Expert

If Palace beat us we will be cut adrift at the foot of the table, a minimum of 6 points away from 17th place. That gap will be 8 points if Middlesborough beat Leicester tomorrow and Palace beat us.

We cannot afford to lose...............but even if we don't we've got an abysmal run of fixtures to look forward to.

OK, I'll just admit it, we're f*****d.

14. Neveroffsideref

Neveroffsideref
    Expand Collapse
    Good Cop

I find it's easier to except it now.

15. PGFWhite

PGFWhite
    Expand Collapse
    Rissole Expert

Possible drop from Premier - Hull, Swans, Sunderland

Possible Promoted from Championship - Newcastle, Brighton, Reading,

Possible Teams to remain in Championship - Huddersfield, Leeds, Sheff Wed, Derby, Fulham, Barnsley, Aston Villa, Birmingham, Norwich, Preston, Ipswich, Brentford, Wolves, Bristol City, Nottm Forest, QPR, Burton, Cardiff,

Possible Relegated from Championship - Blackburn, Wigan, Rotherham

Possible promoted from League 1 – Sheffield United, Bolton, Scunthorpe

That would leave next years Championship looking like this:

Hull, Swansea, Sunderland, Huddersfield, Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday, Derby County, Fulham, Barnsley, Aston Villa, Birmingham, Norwich, Preston, Ipswich, Brentford, Wolves, Bristol City, Nottingham Forest, Queens Park Rangers, Burton Albion, Cardiff City, Sheffield United, Bolton, Scunthorpe

Not a bad division, with some good trips!

Neveroffsideref likes this.
  16. PGFWhite

PGFWhite
    Expand Collapse
    Rissole Expert

-------------------Fabianski------------------

-----Rangel – Amat – Fernandez - Taylor

Naughton -Fer-Siggurdson-Cork - Kingsley

---------------------Llorente---------------------

17. Neveroffsideref

Neveroffsideref
    Expand Collapse
    Good Cop

Taylor wouldn't get on the team bus if I was picking the squad. Hell I'd rather Bovi play instead of him.

IanABS94 likes this.
  18. Clucasade

Clucasade
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

You're going to pick Fer after his last performance?

Borini likes this.
  19. IanABS94

IanABS94
    Expand Collapse

Fuck all the pessimism!

Palace just got humped by Arsenal, they have only 1 day rest, we'll have a new manager who will give us a boost and we need the points more. 1-2 Swans win!

giraldus-swan and PGFWhite like this.
  20. Borini

Borini
    Expand Collapse

No you don't it's affected your spelling (Accept)

Neveroffsideref likes this.