Important Potter to Brighton looks like it!!

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Wellington, 13 May 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Wellington

Wellington
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

2. Neveroffsideref

Neveroffsideref
    Expand Collapse
    Good Cop

Wouldn’t surprise me if he went. Yanks will cash in on him!! ;)

3. azzuriswan

azzuriswan
    Expand Collapse
    Shareholder

Unfortunately there is no loyalty in football anymore. He has repeatedly said that he is in this job with his assistants for the long haul. He has consistently praised the fans for being behind the team throughout the season. Perhaps it is the agents at work again. Get rid . They are poison looking for a pay day for themselves and sod the rest.
    I would hope he remains with us to finish the project and take us in to the promised land. Don't forget we are now in the rumours season.....

keefjack, smudger, Victor and 3 others like this.
  4. Wirral Jack

Wirral Jack
    Expand Collapse
    Super Swan

Yes hoping "being in it for the long haul" has been said with sincereity. It would be a blow for our development undoubtedly. I still have nagging doubts what he walked into was much worse than he was aware of. If the owners could just lay out an honest map for him of what he can spend etc we might be able to keep him. I am a fan of GP; as a coach with his coaching staff you see individuals improving, getting better, there are not as many coaches who are as capable of doing that as you might first think.

azzuriswan, smudger, Victor and 2 others like this.
  5. leannewales

leannewales
    Expand Collapse
    Shareholder

We can only hope he stays but if he goes who could honestly blame him?.....he was given nothing to help him.....his work and the work of the youngsters along with a couple of our backbone boys has been astonishing when you think about it.....If I were in his shoes and the yanks refused to strengthen again in the transfer window....I'd honestly walk.....A worker can't do a good job with no tools xxx

6. keefjack

keefjack
    Expand Collapse
    Shareholder

I certainly wouldn't blame him in the slightest, the feckwit yanks have shown no loyalty to the club they 'own', why should he show any to them?

leannewales likes this.
  7. Bubbles

Bubbles
    Expand Collapse
    Inmate 3

Couldn’t care less tbh. We’ve been right Royally fucked since the king sold us up the river.

8. Bovi

Bovi
    Expand Collapse
    Inmate 1

He won’t go

He’s not a bender

9. Dertomazio

Dertomazio
    Expand Collapse
    Shareholder

He's better than that . Why would he risk his reputation to go to a struggling club that will always be in the bottom half of the Prem with one eye over their shoulder facing the battle against the drop ; not through lack of ambition but because they are a small club without the resources to push forward . Don't get me wrong ; they have the ambition but in terms of hard cash to follow it through they will always languish in lower echelons in that league unless they have a massive injection of money from their owners/investors .

If he does go , he probably wouldn't be better off in terms of resources available to him but obviously his potential salary could be more attractive but as I say , his position would be more precarious and a sacking just around the corner if they are in the same position and languishing near the bottom by Christmas .

On the bright side , could be a wake up call for the Yanks and they might be more amenable to back him in the transfer market - but won't hold my breath .

10. Bubbles

Bubbles
    Expand Collapse
    Inmate 3

How would you know?

Ah yes I get it ... ‘it takes one, to know one”

Queer twat.

11. Imalumberjack

Imalumberjack
    Expand Collapse
    Shareholder

He came to the Swans!

leannewales likes this.
  12. Victor

Victor
    Expand Collapse
    Shareholder

It will all depends if He wants to go or not, Brighton is not the most appealing, and better offers may well be on the way, who knows!. According to Welsh news, Swansea have already turned an approach from Brighton down, that means nothing, as the Swans would accept an offer from the highest bidder.
    I think the ball is in Potters court.

13. Jacks Away

Jacks Away
    Expand Collapse
    Inmate 2

Those fucking yanks would sell their own kids Victor,I don't think for one minute it's up to Potter,if he is sold he is gone,this is what it has fucking come to,absolutely fucking shocking.

Neveroffsideref likes this.
  14. Boundy Still Lurks

Boundy Still Lurks
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Interesting point has ben made else where , all the coaching staff are under threat of redundancy ,Potter brought his back room staff with him and now they're threatened with no work could it be a case of them or us

15. Bovi

Bovi
    Expand Collapse
    Inmate 1

He won’t go

16. Nom Nom

Nom Nom
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

I thought 1st team staff were not issued with redundancy notices !

I also think that Potter will stay. A struggling Brighton is not the place to start off in the premier league.

17. keefjack

keefjack
    Expand Collapse
    Shareholder

Potter is in the crowd at the Portsmouth Sunderland play off game. As the commentator has just said 'it's not far from Brighton'. Quite a way from Swansea to watch a league one game though....

Bubbles likes this.
  18. keefjack

keefjack
    Expand Collapse
    Shareholder

You could say a struggling Swansea wasn't the best place to start in the Championship too.... :)

19. Neveroffsideref

Neveroffsideref
    Expand Collapse
    Good Cop

He’s after Jemal Lowe, then back to my place for a curry and pint. I’ll sort him out.

keefjack and Bubbles like this.
  20. Victor

Victor
    Expand Collapse
    Shareholder

Was it Potter I saw on T.V. Watching the Portsmouth v Sunderland tonight. Or was it his double?
    How far is Portsmouth from Brighton ?

Bubbles likes this.