Potentially our strongest staring 11

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Istillmissthevetch, 13 Aug 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Istillmissthevetch

Istillmissthevetch
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

if we continue with a similar formation.

--------------------------Fab
    ------------Federico ----------Amat
    Naughton ---------- Fer ------------Taylor
    Barrow -----Baston --- Siggy - ----Routledge
    --------------------Llorente

2. Borini

Borini
    Expand Collapse

nope.....Taylor?

Mithrandir, Yankee_Jack and IanABS94 like this.
  3. Nom Nom

Nom Nom
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

No cork ?
    Routledge ?

Mithrandir likes this.
  4. IanABS94

IanABS94
    Expand Collapse
    Shareholder

I think if we play Borja & Llorente together it needs to be a diamond...as much as I hate to say it. That being said, Borja, Llorente & Siggy is a dangerous combo.

-------------------Fab-----
    Naughton-Fede-Amat-Kingsley
    ----------Cork-----Fer/Britton------
    Dyer---------Siggy----------Barrow
    -----------Borja/Llorente

or (if we did diamond)

-------------------Fab-----
    Naughton-Fede-Amat-Kingsley
    -----------------Britton----------
    -----------Fer-----------Cork--------
    ----------------Siggy------------
    --------Borja----Llorente---------

Leaves no room for wingers though.

5. PGFWhite

PGFWhite
    Expand Collapse
    Rissole Expert

I reckon there's a few good starers on this forum, especially on the Boob Thread.

6. Yankee_Jack

Yankee_Jack
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

You really started Routs over Montero after today?

7. Istillmissthevetch

Istillmissthevetch
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Not on today's performance but on last season and pre-season.
    I think Borrow and Montero have difficulty lasting a half and neither offer much in midfield of in defence so I don't think it a good idea to play both together.
    Routledge wasn't good today but he was trying things that weren't coming off. For me Cork isn't a defensive midfield player and not consistent enough or creative enough to be a play maker.

8. Rainbow

Rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Jackeline

I think Cork has to play. So does Kingsley.

9. Mithrandir

Mithrandir
    Expand Collapse
    Istari Swan

If Routs evet starts again questions need to be asked.

GavinWilkins80 likes this.
  10. MrSwan

MrSwan
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

I find Routledge has been poor since the start of he 2014 - 15 season he started that season well better ever since has become sloppy and tired.

11. ExpatJack

ExpatJack
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Barrow and Montero as well.

12. fidoz

fidoz
    Expand Collapse
    Cygnet

Montero and Barrow's speed would give teams fits.

GavinWilkins80 and TheRickster like this.
  13. IanABS94

IanABS94
    Expand Collapse
    Shareholder

Having not started Barrow and Montero in any PL game I'm almost certain neither can last 90 minutes in a match. Having one on to start and one to replace is the best idea as it still leaves us room for tactical changes. If we had to use 2/3 subs for Barrow & Montero then we could potentially put ourselves in a precarious position in terms of substitutions.

Besides; having one of the two on the bench to terrorize tired defenders is one of the smarter tactics we can employ at this moment. Dyer can do a job, Routledge has lost his spot after today's performance as far as I am concerned.

14. Mithrandir

Mithrandir
    Expand Collapse
    Istari Swan

I'm not convinced with that at all. At least with Montero. I watched him play 90 minutes and terrorize defences the entire time for Copa America for Ecuador.

Yankee_Jack and ExpatJack like this.
  15. IanABS94

IanABS94
    Expand Collapse
    Shareholder

That's fair, I'm only going with what i've seen of them. If that is the case then I would go with Montero to start and have Barrow come on second half. I'm not against having both start but having one on the bench gives Guidolin a serious weapon to attack tired fullbacks.

16. Miklos

Miklos
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Taylor over Kingsley? No Cork?

Did you see the match at all?

17. ExpatJack

ExpatJack
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

First question: How can fullbacks get tired if we don't play both Montero and Barrow? Montero and Barrow have enough pace to make fool of any fresh fullback in the Premier League.

Second question: Why don't we play both Montero and Barrow from the start, score three goals, and then substitute them with whoever we want to defend the result? Why should we wait to use our offensive weapon until we are behind by one or couple of goals? IMHO, we have to start games playing our best players. And Montero and Barrow are our best wingers right now.

Mithrandir and Rainbow like this.
  18. PGFWhite

PGFWhite
    Expand Collapse
    Rissole Expert

No place for Ki in any team? An essential cog for our passing game.

19. OrangeSwan

OrangeSwan
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

But does he fit into Guidolins gameplan?
    He obviously has a philosophy and is carrying it out in our games. Routledge must be doing the job he's assigned to, which isn't always mainly as an attacking threat. If he's not, I think Guido will pull him for next game. However poorly people think he played yesterday, he's still a cog in the master plan and offers something completely different from Montero.

20. Rainbow

Rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Jackeline

That goes without saying.

As for not being able to last 90 mins, I'm not surprised that Mo can't as yet. He's not used to being on the pitch for longer than 45 at a time, so his blistering pace and endless energy levels are bound to have an effect and he needs to build up his game time gradually.

I still prefer him to start and keep him on for as long as possible and I agree, let's attack from the start, get the goals first, then defend our lead.

Fran doesn't appear to want both players on together at present but until he does, when Mo has worn out the defenders, Montero can finish them off.