Match Review EFL: Swansea City v Manchester City

Discussion in 'Match Day' started by MrSwan, 20 Sep 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MrSwan

MrSwan
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

More important game than what people think tomorrow.

Win will give confidence and if we lose its a chance to find City out for the premier league game on Saturday.

Istillmissthevetch likes this.
  2. IanABS94

IanABS94
    Expand Collapse

If we go out there and give a good account of ourselves and lose 3-0 I don't care. A good performance, one the fans can be mildly proud of would do a world of good for the fans and we'd let the club know it.

ExpatJack and leannewales like this.
  3. Istillmissthevetch

Istillmissthevetch
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

For me tomorrow is a hiding to nothing.
    I really hope against hope that fans will support the team and not moan and blame Guidolin if we lose a game we are fully expected to lose.
    We don't have a squad of players who can play Weds and Saturday and Man City's also rans are significantly better quality than ours.

Man City unveil psychedelic, Barca-esque third kit… they'll wear it against Swansea

I'd hoped they play in blue - and I could pretend we were away :(

4. Clucasade

Clucasade
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

I can't wait to watch at the stadium But that Sané guy who man city bought is going to start so not looking forward to him, and with Iheanacho in top form I'm only hoping for a good performance so we can look back with pride.

AND FOR FUCKS SAKE START LEON.

5. Ivoralljack

Ivoralljack
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

We can't sit back and let them play that's for sure! They'll just overrun us and play through us and around us a la Leicester and Southampton. They're not a big side and I see no harm in roughing them up a bit. It's happened often enough to us! We have to press hard and get them hopping every time they receive the ball in our half. Couple that with some speedy breaks of our own to keep them honest and we might make it to 90 minutes without an embarrassing scoreline to plunge us into more depths of gloom.

Shows how far our stock has fallen though. We'll probably be taking the field with a damage limitation exercise in mind. Not so long ago, most of us would be bristling with excitement at the prospect of taking on a top team and relishing the prospect of maybe turning them over. Now we just want to avoid being shamed and embarrassed. All we want is effort, attitude, commitment, call it what you will but even that seems too much to ask of our lot these days. Hey ho, maybe they'll surprise us yet!! :rolleyes:

6. andagain

andagain
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

[​IMG]

Looks like they are trying to emulate a Cardiff kit but can't decide if it should be blue or red.

harryomatic and Mithrandir like this.
  7. ExpatJack

ExpatJack
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

A good performance and fight is all I am asking for. Is it too much?

leannewales and IanABS94 like this.
  8. Rambler27

Rambler27
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Leave nothing on the pitch and if we lose hey-ho.

Neveroffsideref likes this.
  9. Istillmissthevetch

Istillmissthevetch
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Have sold out our seats? Shocking if we haven't.
    Have Ki & Tatlor apologised? Shocking if they haven't.

Normally I would agree that good performance is good even if we lose. Not tonight. AAtonight is ll bout psychology.
    City are reported to be playing their 'kids' who are good enough to beat our lasorns.
    Unless our first team plays the performance will only impact on the players on the pitch. Losing will be another L, more ammunition against the players, coach and club.
    Go for the win with our first team to grow some belief.

Clucasade likes this.
  10. MrSwan

MrSwan
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

[​IMG]

11. Yankee_Jack

Yankee_Jack
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Match is on BeIN Sports Connect - channel 8 of their feed.

leannewales likes this.
  12. Istillmissthevetch

Istillmissthevetch
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

13. ExpatJack

ExpatJack
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

No, did they do anything wrong? It was all Fran's fault and he apologised to them ;)

leannewales likes this.
  14. MrSwan

MrSwan
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

more to the point whos going to kick off when subbed tonight?

15. IanABS94

IanABS94
    Expand Collapse

Swansea will go down as the first team to beat Pep's Manchester City. Tonight or Saturday!

leannewales and ExpatJack like this.
  16. Ivoralljack

Ivoralljack
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

If Pep plays his kids and expects them to beat us, that's insult enough. But if they actually do beat us.......

Our players should be champing at the bit to restore some pride tonight and I expect to see a performance at the very least. And, yes, if Pep does play an inexperienced team, still wet behind the ears at this level, I expect nothing less than a win. Of course we might play some kids ourselves but not too many I hope. Mawson is cup-tied so we won't see him but maybe we'll get a cameo from Ollie up front late in the game.

I'm torn about Borja. Play him tonight and it might aggravate his injury and it also gives Pep a look at him before the weekend when he might be something of a surprise package if he doesn't play tonight. That said, I don't think we've got a hope in the league game, so I'm tempted to play Borja tonight anyway.

So, in summary, if Pep plays a strong team, I don't anticipate a win but at the very least I want to see a performance. If he does give his kids a run out then I expect a performance AND a win. We'll see the difference between my expectations and reality tonight.

Neveroffsideref likes this.
  17. ExpatJack

ExpatJack
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Even their second XI are too good for us if Taylor is on the pitch.

18. smudger

smudger
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Time for bouncebackability ! they always catch us out when we are convinced they will lose as in this one but wouldnt put it past our team to come up smelling of victory against all odds in front of the big media expecting to be all man c did this n that n won ! but it aint played yet so who knows in the funny old game ? its not over till the fat 2hat blows final whistle so this side of kick off theres always hope ?
    There convinced you n myself there :whistling:

19. ExpatJack

ExpatJack
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

This is the one:

FB_IMG_1474480008085.jpg

20. Neveroffsideref

Neveroffsideref
    Expand Collapse
    Good Cop