Come on, let's have a Bafe Gomis thread please....

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by The2econdComing, 4 Apr 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. The2econdComing

The2econdComing
    Expand Collapse
    Swan Legend

There were enough during a difficult time for him, only fair.

Boy coming good and we should all be very thankful for that and hope he can get the confidence he needs to do it for the whole of next season.

There's a player there, for sure!

2. MrSwan

MrSwan
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Hes a fantastic player written off after 30 minutes of total game time at the start of the season which is disgraceful by so called Swansea city fans the way he was spoken about and they should be truly ashamed of themselves.

3. Nom Nom

Nom Nom
    Expand Collapse
    VIP Swan

He is finally showing what he can do, what most of us disliked was his tantrums during the window and the fact that what limited playing time he had prior to the window was not in the least productive.
    He seems now to fit in much better, his work rate and touch have improved and today we saw his best performance in a swans shirt. Battled well, moved well, linked play intelligently and scored 2 great goals.
    Seems to have found his mojo and some confidence, needs better service than what he's getting at the moment. When the service to him improves he will reap the benefit.

4. Dilligaf

Dilligaf
    Expand Collapse
    Bad Cop

He's doing his talking on the field no doubt about it. He got the winner at Villa and another two today, they weren't ordinairy goals either. We all marvelled at the bicycle kick but for me the finish for the 3rd I enjoyed better because only a confident player would have tried it.

5. Norway-jack

Norway-jack
    Expand Collapse
    Super Swan

Gomis = Enigma .

I'm just confused by him TBH ! goes from the sublime to the ridiculous within 90 mins

Chuffed to bits he has started scoring though, really happy for the lad. He has the ability to make every post ever written about him good and bad to come true within a 90 minute game .

So happy for him today , well done Bafa you deserve a break!

6. JACKFLASH

JACKFLASH
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

I'll be the first to hold my hands up,I thought he had a great game,it's been a long time coming and I hope it's here to stay.

7. Norway-jack

Norway-jack
    Expand Collapse
    Super Swan

I think everyone has had a doubt on him at some point. I was in the camp that thought he just needed a lucky break, then he made his comments which went down like a lead balloon and then he had to start over again in the eyes of many including myself. During that time he always worked hard and tried so no complaints from me on his attitude , im just glad he is starting to hit the net, nothing better than a striker than is full of confidence.

His goal celebrations also seem to show that he wants to make amends for his words in January, the burning question is will he be enough to be the main threat next season? if he finishes the season strong then i say yes.

I think we are all desperate for Bafa to do well and always have been, hopefully he has now turned a corner, his work rate has been there but not his finishing, we could all see a different player once he scored today,like a weight had been lifted from his shoulders.

Chuffed for him to be honest.

8. azzuriswan

azzuriswan
    Expand Collapse
    VIP Swan

I said that he would come good and so far he has. Those were two class goals today especially the second one where it would have been easy for him to hit the ball straight at the goalkeeper and be slagged off for missing a nearly open goal. There was great confidence shown by him to lob the ball over and great delight from Gomis and the fans after it.

9. dgt73

dgt73
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

I always knew he'd come good.......after all he's played in the champions league a fair few times and you don't do that if you are shite...(Y)

waynekerr55 likes this.
  10. Borini

Borini
    Expand Collapse

If he can play like that every week then he is a 'keeper' and will be needed next season.

waynekerr55 likes this.
  11. andagain

andagain
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Anyone know how much he cost us?

12. andagain

andagain
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

oh and if he can play like that every game next season imagine him next to a fit michu.

13. dgt73

dgt73
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Nothing.....(Y)

14. andagain

andagain
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

15. Neveroffsideref

Neveroffsideref
    Expand Collapse
    Good Cop

I said months ago that he would come good, just needed a good run of game playing. Lacked a bit of confidence, but now this is building and hope more goals to come.

16. Admin

Admin
    Expand Collapse
    The Jack Army

17. TheRickster

TheRickster
    Expand Collapse
    Swan Legend

Ease up folks. The bicycle was nice, second score was cool, but goal against Villa was 87% Montero's set up and both these teams are fighting to avoid relegation. Not sayin I'm not starting to come around a bit but its gonna take more than that for me to change my tune and say he deserves that cash.

18. Bovi

Bovi
    Expand Collapse
    Twat

To give him his due he's made all his critics me included look like a bunch of twats today. Two great goals and general all round good play. I'm really pleased for him and I hope things can really kick on for him from now on

YJB down the Gower likes this.
  19. dgt73

dgt73
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

20. Bony

Bony
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Gomis' best match in a Swans shirt.

Looked better and more confident even before he scored. Took the two goals really well.

Hope this is the start of a consistantly good run for him.

He really did look like a different player today. Fantastic.