Match Thread Arsenal v Swans

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by PGFWhite, 23 Mar 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. PGFWhite

PGFWhite
    Expand Collapse
    Rissole Expert

This may raise everyone's spirits! Can we do this again?..............

Discuss.

#1 PGFWhite, 23 Mar 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: 20 Jun 2014
  2. Dilligaf

Dilligaf
    Expand Collapse
    Bad Cop

Is that it ?

Where's the pub guide ?

3. PGFWhite

PGFWhite
    Expand Collapse
    Rissole Expert

You're not going so there's no need for one :lols: My gut feeling would be that only libertyswan is going. I had to hand back my tickets because they changed it to a midweek match.

4. PGFWhite

PGFWhite
    Expand Collapse
    Rissole Expert

5. Neveroffsideref

Neveroffsideref
    Expand Collapse
    Good Cop

Oh I do hope we can get some points from this one.

6. Dilligaf

Dilligaf
    Expand Collapse
    Bad Cop

Well that's where you're wrong Sherlock, I'm going and so is Dreyfus. We are on coach number 5

7. Dilligaf

Dilligaf
    Expand Collapse
    Bad Cop

image.jpg

Hope the stewards at Arsenal are better than yesterday. Throwing our fans out for nothing right in front of me

8. Norway-jack

Norway-jack
    Expand Collapse
    Super Swan

We live in hope that the Swans can get a result. We have ability and can raise our game against these types of sides that dont concern themselves too much with closing down space.

Head says tight Arsenal win but my heart says the Swans will sneak a valuable point.

Please please please no suicide defending !!

9. Yankee_Jack

Yankee_Jack
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Who is going to start up front - Bony or Michu? Bony for me, but I have a hunch that Michu will start this one.

10. Borini

Borini
    Expand Collapse

we need to keep Michu off the pitch until he is fit...he has been an embarrassment the last 2 games

11. Plasticman

Plasticman
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

I really hope we can get a result. Not as much as it is because it is a big club we're playing, but because we really need anything pointwise we can scrape to right now.

12. PGFWhite

PGFWhite
    Expand Collapse
    Rissole Expert

Kairdiff had been up there last week and disgraced themselves so the stewards probably thought we would be the same. Did you change your mind about the Arsenal trip...and watch out for the London Welsh "sit down" plastics:lols:

13. owenwms

owenwms
    Expand Collapse
    Back In Business

If we can nick a win against a team that nobody expects us to, things will look alot better. Both teams are looking to 'bounce back' so it should be a good game. Should.

14. libertyswan

libertyswan
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Have to say those that got thrown out deserved it, some drunken idiots that were not watching the game just swearing at nearby Everton fans to our left for no good reason. One had a West Country accent and was spouting a load of rubbish, never seen him before and we just don't need that sort who do our clubs fans reputation no favours. We have always got on well with the Everton stewards, they are friendly and very relaxed about where you can sit and have told us that they considered us far better fans than our neighbours, don't want that to change.

As for tomorrow who knows but don't think Chelsea did us any favours by hammering six past our opponents, would be fantastic if we can repeat our win of last season it was a great night despite a tomoto sauce bottle landing on my friend thrown from an irate gooner fan in the upper tier.

15. PGFWhite

PGFWhite
    Expand Collapse
    Rissole Expert

Dreyfus can tell you about another tomato sauce incident..........

As to the match, Bony up front for me in every game now. Michu to play his proper midfield role when he is fit and ready.

And it has to be Canas OR Britton - not both.

#15 PGFWhite, 24 Mar 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: 24 Mar 2014
  16. Neveroffsideref

Neveroffsideref
    Expand Collapse
    Good Cop

Britton and Shelvey for me, Hernandez at 10.

17. PGFWhite

PGFWhite
    Expand Collapse
    Rissole Expert

------------------Vorm----------------

Rangel - Chico (Capt) - Ash - Taylor

-----------------Canas---------------

Routledge - Shelvey - de Guzman - Davies

---------------Bony-------------------

Subs: Michu, Amat, Tremmel, Pablo (to replace Shelvey 60 mins), Dyer (to replace Davies after 60 mins & swap wings with Routledge), Britton (to replace Canas at 70 mins to navigate the team to victory).

Score at 60 mins: Arsenal 0 Swans 0
    Score at 90 mins: Arsenal 0 Swans 2

18. Norway-jack

Norway-jack
    Expand Collapse
    Super Swan

Bit strong init ? :)

Michu has been out for 19 games so needs a bit of nursing , last 15 mins to build his confidence up is just fine IMO . There is no fitness like match fitness!!

19. Norway-jack

Norway-jack
    Expand Collapse
    Super Swan

Dont show that to monk ! its far too sensible ! :)

20. Plasticman

Plasticman
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

I noticed you put Chico as captain instead of Ash.
    While Ash haven't been as stellar this season as he was last season, I doubt he's gonna loose his Captaincy during a season, especially while his buddy Monk is supposed to be the one deciding that one.
    Also, I think morale is poor enough as it is, stuff like denoting a new captain doesn't exactly improve it.

Not that I wouldn't mind Ash starting to act like a proper captain, though, instead of sulking like he's done a few times now.