Potential Are we safe yet?

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Clucasade, 6 May 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
?
  1. Yes

2. No

3. I don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Clucasade

Clucasade
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

After such a massive win, and out of the bottom three, will we be in the Premier League next year?

2. IanABS94

IanABS94
    Expand Collapse

Misleading thread title. You say Safe? then the question is "Will we survive?" Slightly different.

Are we safe? No (So I've voted as such)

Will we survive? I believe so. We just played won against the hardest of the three teams we had left to play.

ExpatJack and Ladygargar like this.
  3. Yankee_Jack

Yankee_Jack
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Don't jinx this, we're on a roll

4. Clucasade

Clucasade
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Didn't intend to mislead, if a mod could change the title to something less misleading that would be better

5. IanABS94

IanABS94
    Expand Collapse

I think you can change it yourself. Not entirely sure where the option is but I remember I've done it before on my threads.

6. MrSwan

MrSwan
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Are we fuck safe. What a stupid thread. Lets just say its in our hands and we are playing well so its looking good.

keefjack likes this.
  7. JACKFLASH

JACKFLASH
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Are we safe,the answer has to be no,BUT we're a hell of a lot safer than we were this time yesterday.

8. Swimaway

Swimaway
    Expand Collapse
    Cygnus Olor Rex

The Jacks are staying up....and now you better believe us.... :)

A huge game against Sunderland to cement the hard work today should be enough

Borini and harryomatic like this.
  9. harryomatic

harryomatic
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Buzzing for next weekend

10. Bony

Bony
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

We beat Sunderland and Hull lose to Palace and YES we are safe.

11. keefjack

keefjack
    Expand Collapse

Or we lose to Sunderland & Palace & Hull draw and it goes to the last day. What fun that'll be...

12. Ivoralljack

Ivoralljack
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Fcuking NOT!!!!!!

I'm desperately trying to give up fags but there's no hope whatsoever, at all, in any way, until this season finishes. :(

But if we stay up....... hello Premier League again and goodbye to the smokes. Well most of 'em anyway. ;)

MVSwan, Mithrandir, IanABS94 and 2 others like this.
  13. ExpatJack

ExpatJack
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Noooo. We beat Sunderland and Hull lose to Palace, that's fun.

IanABS94 and Ivoralljack like this.
  14. Borini

Borini
    Expand Collapse

The power of prayer will help
    With four minutes left for Sunderland to hang on to their one nil lead I told BlobbyBlobby Boundy Still LurksBoundy Still Lurks and DilligafDilligaf to all hold hands and pray...two seconds later Defoe scored!
    Even god is on our side now !

15. OptimistJack

OptimistJack
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Not a fan of the thread title, it's far too early to talk about being safe. Today has been great (Palace getting thrashed, Hull unexpectedly dropping points and the Swans managing to come away with three points against a tricky opponent), but we still have a lot left to do. What we have done is given ourselves a little breathing room, but complacency and over-confidence could quickly see us switch places in the table with Hull. On paper, we have a good chance (one extra point plus superior GD over Hull), but we must remain professional until it is mathematically confirmed. Two wins against a resurgent Sunderland and West Brom will ensure we're safe.

#15 OptimistJack, 6 May 2017
    Last edited: 6 May 2017
    Mithrandir, IanABS94 and ExpatJack like this.
  16. IanABS94

IanABS94
    Expand Collapse

If we win and Hull dont next week we'll be as close to safe as possible. +6 GD at least for Hull to make up against Spurs.

MVSwan likes this.
  17. Neveroffsideref

Neveroffsideref
    Expand Collapse
    Good Cop

Edited.

18. Mithrandir

Mithrandir
    Expand Collapse
    Istari Swan

Here's a question. IF we do somehow miraculously survive this season, do you think the owners have learnt their lesson and will spend some money in the summer?

There's not a doubt in my mind that if we have another summer like the last one, we'll have the same struggles. So will the owners open their pockets? Will HJ still be here? What do you think the owners will do in the summer if we stay in the PL?

ExpatJack likes this.
  19. Borini

Borini
    Expand Collapse

Wait till the seasons over.....I think we are staying up.,.. but we have games to play first.

20. Ivoralljack

Ivoralljack
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

I was going to pose the same question myself (assuming we stay up). Will the Yanks spend? They'll be under a lot of scrutiny during the summer break and, if they drag their heels as they did this season, there's going to be a lot of grief heading their way from the fans who'll be watching their actions like hawks. This fan will be for sure.

I'm hoping that they'll have learned their lessons from what's happened so far. But if they want to carry on acting like a pair of cheapskates then we're all in for a repeat of this season's struggle. As for the Idiot, I'm hoping that he'll get the hell away from our club. The sight of the bastard sitting smugly in the stands turns my stomach.