Alan Curtis gone

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by john goulding, 16 Apr 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. john goulding

john goulding
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Was he pushed

2. Neveroffsideref

Neveroffsideref
    Expand Collapse
    Good Cop

I think he took a voluntary redundancy package, I know I would have and made the bastards pay for fucking him about.

I think he’s earned his retirement, bet he’s glad to be leaving the basket case of a club.

Thank you for your hard work and service to the club Alan YJB!!

3. Victor

Victor
    Expand Collapse
    Shareholder

He will become Honorary club President, ...... so he will be still with the Club. Good on him.

Muttley, Bubbles and keefjack like this.
  4. Victor

Victor
    Expand Collapse
    Shareholder

His new role will see him involved with Media commitments, Official club duties, and Match day hospitality.

azzuriswan, Muttley and Bubbles like this.
  5. Wirral Jack

Wirral Jack
    Expand Collapse
    Super Swan

Yes just to re-echo a huge thank you to Alan for service to our club through thick and thin. One man who kept his head when all about him...
    So fitting that he us the Honorary Club President....on and off the field Alan it was our honour.

6. Jacks Away

Jacks Away
    Expand Collapse
    Inmate 2

I used to have a chat with him on the beach at Oystermouth,when his dogs were taking him for a run,true gent and very frank too,I was just glad he came home from Leeds,and I was there to see that 5th goal against the fuckers,that goal was only bettered by Andy Leggs volley against Bruce Dropalot(or whatever his fucking name was),he stated that, that goal was the best he had had scored against him,or was he game fixing for a change?

Muttley and Bubbles like this.
  7. Wellington

Wellington
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

he's a Swans hero... even though he did play for the scum

8. Neveroffsideref

Neveroffsideref
    Expand Collapse
    Good Cop

When my son was mascot back in the good old League 1 days, Curtis was the hospitality host and presented my son with a signed ball, plus the usual photos taken.

He then did a Q&A and I ask what’s your most memorable moment of your career, now I knew the answer just wanted the great man to just role out the Leeds goal, which he duly obliged, we drew 0-0 with Leyton Orient, but Leeds story made May Day and I went home a happie chappie.

Victor and keefjack like this.
  9. leannewales

leannewales
    Expand Collapse
    Shareholder

Well done Alan.....not only do you take some fantastic memories with you....you also leave us fans with those memories from your brilliant career...Always a legend!......p.s try and forget the times the twats shit on you from a great height xxxxxxx

Wirral Jack, Bubbles, Victor and 2 others like this.
  10. keefjack

keefjack
    Expand Collapse
    Shareholder

If that twat Clement hadn't been such a pig headed, arrogant moron and had taken Curts experience and knowledge on board with him, we could well still be a PL team. Oh well....

Thanks for everything Alan, best of luck for the future. :)

Victor and leannewales like this.
  11. Bubbles

Bubbles
    Expand Collapse
    Inmate 3

I think you'll find it was Bruce Gobbleshit. You thick twat.

12. Bubbles

Bubbles
    Expand Collapse
    Inmate 3

I bet he'll have a bronze statue in homage. Probably look more like Ronaldo than Ronaldo tho.

keefjack likes this.
  13. orangejack69

orangejack69
    Expand Collapse
    Shareholder

Everyone talks about Curt's as Mr Swansea City and a great servant to the club. Which I totally agree with.
    But my memories of watching him playing at the Vetch, tearing others teams apart at will, still make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.
    He was simply brilliant. A true Swan's legend.

keefjack and leannewales like this.
  14. Bubbles

Bubbles
    Expand Collapse
    Inmate 3

Tbh he was a bit before my time, so I only know what I read, and what I watch on YouTube. No such thing as a 50/50 in those days it would seem.