Match Review [3 Jan, 2015] Tranmere -V- Swansea City (Birkenhead)

Discussion in 'Match Day' started by Admin, 27 Dec 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Admin

Admin
    Expand Collapse
    The Jack Army

* FA Cup Match Thread *

2. Admin

Admin
    Expand Collapse
    The Jack Army

Rail directions to Prenton Park
    The nearest train station to Prenton Park are both Rock Ferry and Birkenhead Central train stations. Both stations are about a 15-20 minute walk each to the stadium.

How to get to Prenton Park from Rock Ferry Train Station:
    Turn right when you leave the station and head up Bedford Road to the roundabout. Take a right turn onto Bebington Road and follow the road until you get to the Sportsman’s Arms Pub, from where you’ll need to turn left onto Prenton Road. You’ll eventually see Prenton Park on your left with the away end closest.

How to get to Prenton Park from Birkenhead Central Train Station:
    Cross the road when you leave and turn right. When you get to the roundabout, take a left onto Borough Road heading towards Heswall. Cross over at 4 sets of traffic lights and when you get to the 5th roundabout signed for Clatterbridge and Tranmere Rovers FC, head straight over onto Borough Road. you’ll see Prenton Park a short way down the road on your right hand side.

From Hamilton Square Train Station, you can get a shuttle bus directly to Prenton Park Stadium for free if you have a rail ticket.

Buses to Prenton Park
    If you’re looking for buses to Prenton Park, you can catch one of the following services:

Buses 41 and 42 – alight at Singleton Avenue

Buses 71 and 72 - alight at Singleton Avenue

Buses 403, 413 and 423 - alight at Singleton Avenue

Buses 164, 177 and 464 - alight at the Prenton Park Pub

These buses leave from Conwey Park Bus Station which can be accessed by the Merseyrail Underground from Liverpool Lime Street Train Station.

Road directions to Prenton Park
    If you’re travelling to Prenton Park from either the North or South, take the M53 from the M6 / M56 and exit at junction 4. When you get to the roundabout, take the 4th exit onto Mount Road (B5151). Follow the right where after just over 2 miles, you’ll need to turn right onto Prenton Road where the stadium is located.

You’ll be able to follow the signs to the football stadium from the B5151.

Alternatively, you can exit the M53 at junction 3 onto Woodchurch Road (A552) heading towards Birkenhead. When you reach the Half Way House Pub, take a right at the traffic lights onto Mount Road (B5151), where you can take the first left for Prenton Park.

Where to park near Prenton Park
    At Prenton Park Stadium, there is a large car park you can use. We recommend that you get there early however to secure a space close to the exit for an easier getaway. This will set you back £5.

There are strict residents-only parking schemes in the direct area of Prenton Park, so if you’re relying on street parking, you’ll have to venture further afield and take a bit of a walk.

The Mersey Clipper pub (mentioned below) has a car park for £3. The postcode for Sat NAV purposes is CH42 9PL.

Further along Borough Road is a gated entrance to a sports ground that you can park in.

Restaurants near Prenton Park
    There are several fast food outlets along Borough Road:

Sayers bakers

Captain Tony’s Pizza Emporium

Ruby’s chip shop

Eastern Delight Chinese

Pubs near Prenton Park
    The Prenton Park Hotel – based on Borough Road and is a popular choice with away fans due to its close proximity to the away stand.

The Sportsman’s Arms – based on Prenton Road East and mentioned above in the directions section. About a 5 minute walk to Prenton Park and has a mixture of Tranmere Rovers fans and away fans.

The Mersey Clipper - based on Prenton Road as mentioned above. A large pub with food, drink and parking available. A mixture of hospitable home fans and away fans with football shown on the TVs.

The Swan - based on Woodchurch Road and is about a 15-20 minute walk to Prenton Park. Food and drink is available with parking redeemed at the bar. A mixture of hospitable Tranmere Rovers fans and away fans.

Alcohol is also served at the stadium itself.

Please note: drinking alcohol on the streets of Birkenhead is illegal.

Hotels near Prenton Park
    Sleep Station – 24 – 28 Hamilton Street, Birkenhead

The Riverhill Hotel – Talbot Road, Birkenhead

Shrewsbury Lodge - 31 Shrewsbury Road, Birkenhead

Villa Venezia – 14 – 16 Prenton Road West, Birkenhead

Bars and Clubs near Prenton Park
    Candy Box – 3-7 Wilbraham Street, Birkenhead, CH41 2PZ

Eden – 110-112 Argyle Street, Birkenhead, CH41 6AG

Sherlocks – 26-28 Conway Street, Birkenhead, CH41 6JD

3. Neveroffsideref

Neveroffsideref
    Expand Collapse
    Good Cop

I'm going, so long as Dilli turns up with my tickets. :)

4. Dilligaf

Dilligaf
    Expand Collapse
    Bad Cop

Course I'm going mun

5. azzuriswan

azzuriswan
    Expand Collapse
    Shareholder

Looking forward to a day out at an old ground............and I'll bring NLCV especially for you DIlli to cheer you up and break the journey up a bit!

6. Rambler27

Rambler27
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Will Monk use this game to try players such as Adam King, Kenji Gorre, Jay Fulton and Modou Barrow. Also as the transfer window does not open until Saturday does this mean that the paper work will not be finalised in time for Oliveira to be considered.

7. Dilligaf

Dilligaf
    Expand Collapse
    Bad Cop

My mate who's going has got better than that old rubbish. Reckons he's got a Jim Carey film that's in cinemas now

8. Wellington

Wellington
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

I thought Birkenhead were Scottish grave-robbers ???

Ivoralljack likes this.
  9. Neveroffsideref

Neveroffsideref
    Expand Collapse
    Good Cop

Got this for Sir Bovi!!

IMG_0766.jpg

10. azzuriswan

azzuriswan
    Expand Collapse
    Shareholder

Mask 3 is it DIll?

11. Wellington

Wellington
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

The odeon kids pass... thats nice... whats showing ???

12. ddd

ddd
    Expand Collapse
    Swan

Hard to predict what the team will be for this one. I'll guess

Tremmel
    Jazz Ash Amat Tiendalli
    Leon Carrol Emnes
    Dyer Barrow
    Gomis

13. Admin

Admin
    Expand Collapse
    The Jack Army

Ki instead of emnes
    Bartley instead of ash

14. Rambler27

Rambler27
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Ki has gone for a month I believe. Would like to see Amat at right back instead of Ash as he could be our long term answer.

15. Dilligaf

Dilligaf
    Expand Collapse
    Bad Cop

Can you all behave today seeing as I'm in a pub 5 mins from the ground and with me are TJATJA and NeveroffsidereffNeveroffsidereff

Both of them are steaming too

16. Neveroffsideref

Neveroffsideref
    Expand Collapse
    Good Cop

17. Admin

Admin
    Expand Collapse
    The Jack Army

Thread now live, thought I'd do it now in case i can't see my mobile later, I am drinking with DilligafDilligaf after all

18. Wellington

Wellington
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Swans team:
    Freestone, Byrne , Iriekpen, Tate, Howard , Martinez, Coates , Robinson, Britton, Maylett, Trundle.

19. ddd

ddd
    Expand Collapse
    Swan

Tremmel
    Jazz Bartley Amat Tiendalli
    Fulton Carroll Emnes
    Dyer (c) Barrow
    Gomis

I wasn't far off.

Subs

Fabianski, Shephard, Fernandez, King, Britton, Routledge, Sigurdsson.

20. PGFWhite

PGFWhite
    Expand Collapse
    Rissole Expert

It's all that cheap beer.

Dilligaf likes this.