Match Review [29 Nov, 2015] Liverpool -V- Swansea City

Event: Liverpool -V- Swansea City
Discussion in 'Match Day' started by Admin, 21 Nov 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
* Match Thread *
  1. Admin

Admin
    Expand Collapse
    The Jack Army

2. Neveroffsideref

Neveroffsideref
    Expand Collapse
    Good Cop

3. PGFWhite

PGFWhite
    Expand Collapse
    Rissole Expert

Liverpool put 4 on Man City....away. :killme:

4. Bovi

Bovi
    Expand Collapse
    Twat

We have no chance

5-0 I think

5. Nom Nom

Nom Nom
    Expand Collapse
    VIP Swan

This is game no.5 on monks countdown, maybe after today's horror show he won't be there for this one. With Monk 5-0, without Monk 2-0

Let's be honest ,I can't see us getting anything out of our next four games.

6. PGFWhite

PGFWhite
    Expand Collapse
    Rissole Expert

My starting line up against Liverpool:

-----------------------------Nordfelt – Fabianski – Tremmel-------------------------------------

Amat – Taylor – Williams – Tabanou – Rangel – Naughton – Bartley – Fernandez

7. Boundy Still Lurks

Boundy Still Lurks
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

+ a sympathetic ref

8. Neveroffsideref

Neveroffsideref
    Expand Collapse
    Good Cop

We had one today and that didn't work. :)

9. Dilligaf

Dilligaf
    Expand Collapse
    Bad Cop

My team to play Liverpool would be

Fabianski

Rangel Williams Amat Taylor

Leon Cork

Ayew Siggy Routledge

Eder

I thought Ki, Bartley, Shelvey and Naughton were shocking today. The others weren't much better but you can't change all of them.

We're going to be up against if so I'd play the two best sitting midfielders we have in Leon and Cork to get stuck into them. I'd play Routs in front of Jeff because he helps the defence more. Siggy for me is a no brainier to start. Gets loads of stick on here but he works hs socks off but gets precious little service. Amat is just a better footballer than Bartley and Rangel will try and get forward more than Naughton to help Ayew. As for Eder he covered more ground today than Gomis has done all season.

We need to play with a far higher tempo and get stuck right in, if we don't it could be a cricket score

Borini and azzuriswan like this.
  10. IanABS94

IanABS94
    Expand Collapse

Siggy has to start, change the rest for all I care at this point. Siggy single handedly brought us into the game in the 2nd half and it's a shame Monk thinks there is a benefit of benching him over Shelvey.

As much as I don't like saying it, Leon looked really out of sorts against Bournemouth so I'd put in Cork as we will need the defensive cover more. But for the love of god bench Shelvey. If I see him waving his arms when the ball doesn't come to him or for any other reason I'm going to hate him forever.

11. Nom Nom

Nom Nom
    Expand Collapse
    VIP Swan

He won't be on the field or the bench as he will be suspended for picking up his 5th booking.

Plasticman and Bovi like this.
  12. IanABS94

IanABS94
    Expand Collapse

Forgot about that...What a relief.

13. Dilligaf

Dilligaf
    Expand Collapse
    Bad Cop

I'm going more in hope than anything else

Neveroffsideref likes this.
  14. azzuriswan

azzuriswan
    Expand Collapse
    VIP Swan

That's it though isn't it? Football fans are eternal optimists and always deep down hope we win even against insurmountable odds like next Sunday looks like being. That is why we travel home and away.

Nom Nom, PGFWhite and Neveroffsideref like this.
  15. Istillmissthevetch

Istillmissthevetch
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Like Monk would pick Amat & Tabanou :231:

And Rangel centre back! What were you thinking, man?

But it could be the only way to avoid a cricket score.

16. Istillmissthevetch

Istillmissthevetch
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

I'd like to agree but even with Gylfi on we really did only come back bit and even then Bournemouth looked more likely to score. His energy certainly was an upgrade but there's only so much you can do on your own. Again, for me was leaving Shelvey on (I'd not start him) as apart form his penalty he contributed very little. We can now add Naughton to the players he's openly argued with on the pitch.
    Montero had a shocker as well, he was right in front of us and I think he received the ball 14 times - he made 3 good efforts, played a simple return ball 4 times but either his first touch let him down or he lost control within a couple of touches 7 times. While he is exciting he's also a luxury when playing for us.

17. Boundy Still Lurks

Boundy Still Lurks
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Is that the name of a new watering hole

18. Dilligaf

Dilligaf
    Expand Collapse
    Bad Cop

No it's been there for years

19. MrSwan

MrSwan