Match Review [24 Oct, 2015] Aston Villa -V- Swansea City

Discussion in 'Match Day' started by Admin, 19 Oct 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Admin

Admin
    Expand Collapse
    The Jack Army

2. Yankee_Jack

Yankee_Jack
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Oh joy .... a visit to Villa .... something to look forward to

3. MrSwan

MrSwan
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

moving on this is a must must win especially if Monk has any chance of continuing as manager...

Fabianski
    Naughton Fernandez Williams Taylor
    Britton Ki
    Ayew Sigurdsson Montero
    Gomis

Naughton must come in because Rangel deserves to be dropped purely on that pathetic header or what ever it was against stoke for the penalty.

Britton will provide a calming influence in front of Naughton and Fernandez arguably our weakest side of defence ad also command the midfield in what will be a difficult game away from home which will allow us to create chances.

Ki has been below par this season with his passing and shooting but we know what hes capable of last season with goals and assists playing along side Britton will allow him to feel calm and hopefully pick out some good passes which we so desperately miss seeing at this moment and then we can create chances.

Sigurdsson is another one who's been below par but improved the team drastically when he came on against stoke and seems t work well with Ki, he can pull of some really good shots which we really need to convert to goals and surely they will soon come with him and also his free kick ability is fantastic we need to take as many chances from set plays as possible.

SURELY GARRY MONK CAN SEE THIS.

4. Yankee_Jack

Yankee_Jack
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Cork made the pathetic header that landed Williams in the shit

Agree with that lineup. Shelvey has failed to impress as has Cork. With recent performances we have to play the players that can produce quality. I might even go so far as to play Routledge instead of Ayew.

And if I had any confidence in Eder he would start before Gomis

ExpatJack and Imalumberjack like this.
  5. Boundy Still Lurks

Boundy Still Lurks
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Well I was but I'm not so sure now, Sherwood is clinging on and the players know it so he may get a positive response ,more importantly we'll know better how our lot have responded to last night's shambles by 5 o'clock Saturday .My comments prior to the Stoke game was hopefully to see an improved all round performance and I was confident we'd see one ,well those dreams have been ridiculed and truth is now spread out on all the back pages of the sport pages .

6. Boundy Still Lurks

Boundy Still Lurks
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

I think Routledge is injured , which made sense as he wasn't picked in case Barrow came up short .(we know how that worked out)

7. IanABS94

IanABS94
    Expand Collapse
    Shareholder

Naughton-Fernandez-Williams-Tabanou
    Ki-Shelvey
    Ayew-Siggy-Montero
    Eder

Taylor can fuck off right now, good defending but offers nothing else, Tabanou is chomping at the bit so give it to him for once. Shelvey because he can create magic from nothing and Ki because he is our heartbeat and uptempo's the game nicely. I chose Naughton over Rangel just because Rangel's legs leave him ~70 minutes in, He's all heart though so credit to him.

Put Gomis on a plane back to France and let Eder who actually looks like he wants to run around have a go.

8. Neveroffsideref

Neveroffsideref
    Expand Collapse
    Good Cop

Oh don't leave me with Dilli!!!!

9. PGFWhite

PGFWhite
    Expand Collapse
    Rissole Expert

We haven't got the players for a relegation dogfight so it's time to roll up our sleeves and get back to playing some good football, starting Saturday at 3pm.

Monk needs to establish his preferred starting X1 and stick with it because the understanding amongst the players last night was abysmal at times.

10. 1jack

1jack
    Expand Collapse
    Shareholder

Shelvey is an inconsistant player, but very dangerous in and around the area, so I would drop Gomis, put Ayew up front and play Shelvey and Siggy behind him, something like this-

Naughton-Fernandez-Williams-Taylor
    Ki-Britton
    Shelvey-Siggy-Montero
    Ayew

With Britton there, it gives Ki a bit of freedom to push forward or wide and Shelvey can drop back to midfield or defensive midfield if needed, this gives the opposition a bit more to think about and unlike Stoke, they will not be able to get in their positions and stay there because we had fuck all threat against Stoke as we were so rigid.

11. Nom Nom

Nom Nom
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

You wouldn't give Eder a start then?

IMO as long as Gomis is dropped the team will improve. Akinfenwa was more mobile and looked better on the ball !

12. 1jack

1jack
    Expand Collapse
    Shareholder

I'm not totally convinced with Eder and Ayew has had a few this season, so that's why I'd go with him, but, I would understand and wouldn't be too dissapointed if Eder did start, just as long as Gomis doesn't get near the pitch at the mo. I'd eve put Mcburnie on the bench before Gomis.

Nom Nom likes this.
  13. IanABS94

IanABS94
    Expand Collapse
    Shareholder

I think we need a big body like Gomis or Eder up front. If we come under pressure there is no way Ayew will be able to hold the play up or out muscle an opponent allowing us to get bodies up the pitch. I really thing Eder must be given a start, You could tell from Stoke he was trying to make something happen, not walking and slowly jogging to the ball like Gomis was. Why we took off Ayew over him boggles my mind.

I would have loved to have seen Ayew up front but thats what pre-season is for, not right now.

And I think we all agree Mcburnie should make a 20 minutes appearance against Villa. The kid is tearing up the U21's.

14. Hugh Jampton

Hugh Jampton
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Two big lumps up front for the last ten minutes and hit and hope. Paradise Park stuff...

15. Rambler27

Rambler27
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

My team would be:-
    Fabianski
    Angel, Fernandez, Ash,Tabanou
    Leon,Ki
    Siggy
    Barrow, Eder, Montero

Subs: Nordvelt, Naughton, Bartley, Ayew, Shelvey, Mcburnie

Angel played his heart out against Stoke and deserves his place. Taylor's crossing is poor and this is supposed to be Tabanou's strength. This is a true midfield and has the ability and the right attitude. I can't understand some's reluctance to try Eder as he has looked up for it on his sub appearances, looks more mobile and to have a better football brain than Gomis. The only game I saw him start was against York when with a bit better luck he could have had five. I think Barrow should start and perhaps in this game we could use his assets of speed and the ability to hit a good cross. Against Stoke I don't think we gave him a decent pass all night. I just hope we pass quickly and move better off the ball.

16. PGFWhite

PGFWhite
    Expand Collapse
    Rissole Expert

My main concern for Saturday is that the beer in Worcester isn't too cold. After that, three points will do nicely :201:

Neveroffsideref likes this.
  17. Bovi

Bovi
    Expand Collapse
    Inmate 1

Where in Worcester do you go for a beer

18. Neveroffsideref

Neveroffsideref
    Expand Collapse
    Good Cop

In a pub!!! :)

19. PGFWhite

PGFWhite
    Expand Collapse
    Rissole Expert

The dive next to the Severn on Saturday :201:

20. JACKFLASH

JACKFLASH
    Expand Collapse
    Patient 2

Wouldn't mind being a fly on the wall in both dressing rooms for the pre match talk or should I say bollockings.