Match Review [17 Jan, 2015] Swansea City -V- Chelsea (Swansea)

Discussion in 'Match Day' started by Admin, 10 Jan 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Admin

Admin
    Expand Collapse
    The Jack Army

* Match Thread *

2. Nom Nom

Nom Nom
    Expand Collapse
    VIP Swan

Looking forward to this one, if we play like we did second half today it'll be a great game. I'd leave out Routledge and dyer and start with emnes and Barrow or Montero if fit.
    Let's hope we don't show them too much respect and go for it from the off!

3. Ivoralljack

Ivoralljack
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Blobby, for me the main reason we looked good in the second half was that WH were happy with their lead, sat back and invited us to break them down. They always looked dangerous on the break and, after we scored, were able to seize the initiative again and nearly scored a couple of times. For me, they always looked like they could go up a gear whereas I didn't think we could do any more than we did.

To be honest, if we play like that against Chelsea I think they'll take us apart, so I'm hoping that our penchant for raising our game against the big guns will come to the fore and give us a chance.

4. Nom Nom

Nom Nom
    Expand Collapse
    VIP Swan

I know what your saying Ivorand your not wrong, on the counter chelsea could mangle us, what I'm looking for is the faster passing and movement we had second half today, which was missing first half, plus our pressing of their defence which has been absent from our play for months. If we play to our strengths we can give them a run for their money.

azzuriswan likes this.
  5. JACKFLASH

JACKFLASH
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Is Drogba away with Wilf? they must surely have some away on cup duty.

6. azzuriswan

azzuriswan
    Expand Collapse
    VIP Swan

If we play like we did in the first half up there but put the ball in the net this time we can win the game. The players have to show confidence in their ability and perform at a consistent level. We are ninth in the Premier League after all....

7. PGFWhite

PGFWhite
    Expand Collapse
    Rissole Expert

8. Dilligaf

Dilligaf
    Expand Collapse
    Bad Cop

Sorry to be miserable but I can't see us getting anything. I fully expect Chelsea to be thoroughly professional win 2-0 and to close the game out comfortably

9. Neveroffsideref

Neveroffsideref
    Expand Collapse
    Good Cop

Agree with you on this one!!

10. Generation Terrorist

Generation Terrorist
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

The way our incumbent wide players are playing at the moment, Chelsea will have a field day down the flanks. Monk really needs to drop Dyer and Routledge for Barrow and Emnes, and maybe even Taylor, given his shocking defensive display against WH. Tiendalli's actually looked fairly decent from what I've seen of him this season - can't be any worse.

11. Victoria Swan

Victoria Swan
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Agree Generation TerroristGeneration Terrorist. Exactly the changes I'd make. But even with those, don't hold out much hope of even a point. Most important things is to lose with our heads held high so we don't lose confidence -- i.e we want the kind of performance we had earlier in the season at Stamford Bridge.

12. Nom Nom

Nom Nom
    Expand Collapse
    VIP Swan

First half performance yes, second half no.
    We have to be at our best for 90 mins not 45

GreatPlainsSwan likes this.
  13. Victoria Swan

Victoria Swan
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Agree - first half x2

14. Borini

Borini
    Expand Collapse

Half x 2 is a quarter :roflmao:

15. Admin

Admin
    Expand Collapse
    The Jack Army

:o o:

16. Borini

Borini
    Expand Collapse

its 1 actually but two halves may not make a whole ...and we need to make a hole in their defense!

17. PGFWhite

PGFWhite
    Expand Collapse
    Rissole Expert

So if I'm in Frankie & Bennies eating a pizza and I eat two halves, I've still got three quarters of my pizza left. I like that (yes)

18. PGFWhite

PGFWhite
    Expand Collapse
    Rissole Expert

...yes I know the difference between + and x, but why spoil a story....................:lols:

19. Borini

Borini
    Expand Collapse

see its the new maths mun!

PGFWhite likes this.