Match Review [14 Dec, 2014] Swansea City -V- Tottenham Hotspur (Swansea)

Discussion in 'Match Day' started by Admin, 7 Dec 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Admin

Admin
    Expand Collapse
    The Jack Army

* Match Thread*

2. Neveroffsideref

Neveroffsideref
    Expand Collapse
    Good Cop

Siggy to get the winner!!

dgt73 likes this.
  3. Generation Terrorist

Generation Terrorist
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Glad to hear that Adebayor apparently isn't playing and is off back to Togo. He's been a royal pain in our arses before.

4. Ivoralljack

Ivoralljack
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Yeah, I bet Ash Williams paid for his ticket!

5. EastStandR20

EastStandR20
    Expand Collapse
    Egg

6. Ivoralljack

Ivoralljack
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

No "ands", "ifs" or "buts" this is a game we must target for three points. Spurs are looking average right now and their exertions in Europe will make them vulnerable to a high tempo game.

Interesting article in the Western Fail today, which highlights the problem of playing in Europe. Last season, Spurs had a drastic drop in their Premier League WIN % after playing in Europe (two managers Vilas Boas & Sherwood) down from 62% to 42%. They only picked up 44% of POINTS on offer after midweek duty compared to 68% on non Euro weekends.

Swans, in comparison, had a win ratio of 33% when not in Europe picking up 40% of points on offer. Post Europa games saw this drop to a win ratio of just 18% with only 27% of points on offer. Question: how many more points would we have gleaned with NO European games and how much further up the table would we have finished with a fresh team, far fewer injuries and the time to train properly? My guess is considerably more points with a finish perhaps pushing the top six.

Seems that Michael Laudrup's success in winning the League Cup ultimately led to his downfall, although I always maintained from the beginning that his squad of just 22 was wafer thin for the number of games we had to play. As much as I supported Laudrup, there is no question that he dropped an almighty bollock with that one and was a huge factor, along with other issues, in his eventual demise.

So, back to Sunday. My game plan for what it's worth would be to play a high tempo game from the off. I'd want both wingers running their full backs at every opportunity and I'd demand that our midfield win early possession then KEEP it, working their midfield as much as possible. Meantime, I'd just let Bony do what Bony does best - battle their CBs and soften them up. An early goal would be great but I'd settle for working a fatigued Spurs side around the park in the first half then, when their legs really start to fail, we can go for the jugular.

We should be fitter, we should be fresher, so let's get back to playing our football and get our first three pointer from Spurs in the Premier League.

7. Boundy Still Lurks

Boundy Still Lurks
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

This imo is a game we're more than capable of winning ,maybe not comfortably but never the less a win is more than achievable We seem to score more early goals away then at home so it would be great to see a few of the chances go in as Spurs seem to concede a lot of early goals ,I'd be more concerned that we weren't creating chances but we seem ok in that aspect of the game .The midfield will be a major factor and with Siggys work ethic and a controlling influence of Leon I think that's the battle which we'll win . As we all know we were beaten last week and hopefully that will have a positive reaction on the squad .The crowd need to be up for this as much as the team so get behind the Team and we'll get another 3 points towards maintaining our top half position .

8. Victoria Swan

Victoria Swan
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Spurs certainly are vulnerable right now - that loss to Besiktas yesterday was the first Europa League group stages loss for five or six years. With Fabianski out we have to keep their wingers under control and stop the crosses coming in as we know Tremmel is nowhere near as commanding in the six yard box as Fabianski. I'd like to see Taylor paired with Jazz Richards rather than Angel Rangel as I think he's earned it and Rangel was awful against West Ham. For same reason use Dyer instead of Routledge paired in the wings with Montero. GM then needs to give license to Montero, Syggi and Dyer to run at them every opportunity and get in behind. Lloris is an amazing shot stopper and attempts from byline cut-backs (like Bony's opener at West Ham) are far more likely to get by him than shots by players running onto the edge of the box.

9. azzuriswan

azzuriswan
    Expand Collapse
    VIP Swan

What we must do as the home team is create chances make Spurs defend and score some goals. We must dictate play as the home team not allow the big team in this case Spurs play us around. We are good enough on our day to compete with any team in this league. Let's exude confidence. The players perform on the pitch and the supporters on the terraces will provide the necessary 12th man
    3-1 to Swans

10. Admin

Admin
    Expand Collapse
    The Jack Army

11. Admin

Admin
    Expand Collapse
    The Jack Army

Wilfried Bony has 19 goals in the Premier League in 2014, more than any other player. Bony is 2.25 to score.

Ivorian striker Bony has netted seven times in his last nine Premier League appearances. Bony is 6.2 to score the first goal.

Spurs have lost none of the six Barclays Premier League games against Swansea and have won the last five in a row.Tottenham are 3.05 to win.

Emmanuel Adebayor has scored four goals in five Premier League games against Swansea. With Adebayor out, Swansea are 3.65 to keep a clean sheet.

Gylfi Sigurdsson made 58 appearances in two PL seasons for Spurs, scoring eight goals and assisting four more. In two spells with Swansea he has played 33 PL games scoring nine and setting up 11 more. Sigurdsson is 3.25 to score against his old club.

Jan Vertonghen has scored in two of his three Premier League games against Swansea. Vertonghen is 9.5 to find the net.

Swansea have now thrown away 16 points from winning positions in the Premier League this season; more than any other team and with those points would be top of the table. The half-time Swansea/full-time draw double result is is 17.0.

21 points after 15 matches is Spurs' lowest haul in the Premier League since the 2008-09 season (15 points). Swansea are 2.54 to win.

Tottenham have conceded six goals in the opening 15 minutes of matches this season, more than any other club. The odds of the first-half containing the most goals are 2.74.

Swansea are the only side yet to concede a goal in the opening 15 minutes of a Premier League game this season. They are 3.05 to be winning by half-time.

12. dgt73

dgt73
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Come on u Swans. 2-0 :266:

13. Plasticman

Plasticman
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

So the bookies actually favour Swansea against a 'big club'? :D

14. azzuriswan

azzuriswan
    Expand Collapse
    VIP Swan

We are getting to be a bigger club ourselves then!

15. Admin

Admin
    Expand Collapse
    The Jack Army

Thread now live for those not going to the game.

16. Neveroffsideref

Neveroffsideref
    Expand Collapse
    Good Cop

Swans win today!!:266:

17. Bovi

Bovi
    Expand Collapse
    Twat

I'm off there now, pastys away

18. Neveroffsideref

Neveroffsideref
    Expand Collapse
    Good Cop

Lob one at Vorm for me!! :)

19. Imalumberjack

Imalumberjack
    Expand Collapse
    SUPER VIP

Got to believe that Brendan will be after Wilf after today

20. Neveroffsideref

Neveroffsideref
    Expand Collapse
    Good Cop

Lumber, I'm waiting for a call from him for my boy!! Hell he can finish better than half the numties he has playing for them.