Match Review [13 Jan, 2016] Swansea City -V- Sunderland

Discussion in 'Match Day' started by Admin, 9 Jan 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Admin

Admin
    Expand Collapse
    The Jack Army

2. azzuriswan

azzuriswan
    Expand Collapse
    Shareholder

Aren't we home next Wednesday?

Nom Nom likes this.
  3. IanABS94

IanABS94
    Expand Collapse
    Shareholder

Yep, this is at the Liberty.

4. Boundy Still Lurks

Boundy Still Lurks
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

I hope so , otherwise what was fat sam on about :whistling:

5. Istillmissthevetch

Istillmissthevetch
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Well, after today's performance I think the team for Wednesday has picked itself.

6. IanABS94

IanABS94
    Expand Collapse
    Shareholder

Come on Swans! This is where it counts, No more cups, just pure premier league focus.

7. MrSwan

MrSwan
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Doesnt really matter what team weput out we are going to lose again 2 - 1 but the team should not include anybody who started today.

Fabianski
    Rangel Fernandez Williams Taylor
    Britton Ki
    Routledge Sigurdsson Ayew
    Eder

Istillmissthevetch likes this.
  8. Istillmissthevetch

Istillmissthevetch
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Have to say Amat disappointed me today. I've kept a light for him but he was poor, looked overweight and petulant.
    Bench
    Kingsley, Naughton, Tremmel, Barrow, Amat, Emnes, Fulton (why not?)

9. MrSwan

MrSwan
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Thought Amat was ok but again lack of game time is affecting him he should be given games in the u21s. As for the bench I would love to see McBurnie on it or even start I was really disappointed he wasn't given an opportunity today.

10. Istillmissthevetch

Istillmissthevetch
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

Looked at McBurnie and agree it would have been a great place to see him.
    My only concern is he played three games for Newport and after an outstanding start (hat trick) didn't recreate that form.
    To me it seems Amat (possibly Tabanou - but I'm not at all convinced even to take another look), Emnes, Grimes and others have all lost confidence and appetite during their exile through the autumn.

MrSwan likes this.
  11. MrSwan

MrSwan
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

There's a long list of players who have lost appetite and confidence which is the biggest worry only recently Ashley Williams who I think is no doubt the best defender in this league went through an issue with confidence and only recently re gained it and possibly Britton and Fabianski who have been steady recently other than that I have worries for everyone

Efrog Jack and Spratty like this.
  12. azzuriswan

azzuriswan
    Expand Collapse
    Shareholder

The biggest problem is that there is no reserve league. Players in the squad do not get adequate game time.

Efrog Jack, Spratty and ExpatJack like this.
  13. Boundy Still Lurks

Boundy Still Lurks
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

is the correct answer , you an train 6 days a week but that cannot and does not replicate playing against different opposition. That has been the cause of so many players looking a yard of the pace when they do actually get game time, yesterday was a prime example of that very thing.

Spratty likes this.
  14. DwightYorkeSuperstar

DwightYorkeSuperstar
    Expand Collapse
    Super Swan

I'm not confident for this, however I possibly conceive the idea that this Sunderland team will beat us. If I was to bet I would go for 0-0. However I can see us sneaking a 1-0 win with a dodgy refereeing decision like against West Brom.

15. Bovi

Bovi
    Expand Collapse
    Inmate 1

There
    We
    Are
    Then

16. Ivoralljack

Ivoralljack
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

This was exactly my point when people were comparing Tabanou and his match-fit replacement Kingsley. I thought the latter was quite sound and deserved the praise he received but, although Tabanou WAS poor, what did people expect as he's hardly had a game in months for one reason or another?

Thing is, it's Catch 22. Tabanou will improve, a lot, with games but, in our precarious position, we can't risk giving him those games because he's a weak link right now. He's obviously stronger going forward than defending, so I'd put him on the bench as a wide AM to feed him gradual game time. Omitting him from the squad entirely is just destroying his morale. Let's not forget what he could offer when fully match fit - balance with a natural left foot: quick: strong: a powerful shot: a set piece danger and he can cross a wicked ball. He has to be worth giving a chance to.

17. IanABS94

IanABS94
    Expand Collapse
    Shareholder

Just watched Montero's goal back from Yesterday, and I said it in the Oxford thread, Tabanou did really well to sprint to overlap and give Montero an outlet that was not just an backwards pass outlet. It meant Montero could drive the net. We've all said that Montero needs to have more up his sleeve then running to the byline. It's been found out and he needs to change it up. Having a fullback who overlaps and wants to attack gave Montero options, where-as before his only attacking option was to try and beat 2 or even 3 men to the byline for a cross.

If I was Curt, I'd be sitting Taylor down in front of a tele and show him what to do. It doesn't need to be Tabanou, it can be anyone but MOVING off the ball creates chances, something we are severely lacking right now.

The lack of movement off the ball by the entire team could very well be down to confidence as no one wants to fuck up in this tough period, but it's time to be bold and run at Sunderland.

I might get some stick for this, but if I'm Curtis and thinking about this game; I'd seriously consider Tabanou again at LB. I figure Sunderland will come and park the bus and look for just a point, so if we field an attacking team and get on them early we'll have a much better chance at coming away with 3 points than if we start our regular 11 and continually have slow buildup, thus letting Sunderland into the game over time where they can catch us on a counter like the reverse earlier this season.

#17 IanABS94, 12 Jan 2016
    Last edited: 12 Jan 2016
    Spratty and ExpatJack like this.
  18. Boundy Still Lurks

Boundy Still Lurks
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

My concern with starting Tabanou would be that atm he isn't match fit and to start would mean theres a good chance of him having to come off at some point, this leaves Curtis with limited options when making substitutions should we get injuries . It maybe better to have him on the bench and use him in either LB or LMF position .If Rangel starts as well thats another one to watch out for regarding game time .imo

19. Victor

Victor
    Expand Collapse
    Shareholder

I was very disappointed in Grimes on Sunday. All he seemed to do when the ball was passed to him,
    was to return the ball to the player that had passed it to him,
    The only other thing of note, was to take a weak free kick easily saved.

Neveroffsideref likes this.
  20. Istillmissthevetch

Istillmissthevetch
    Expand Collapse
    Jack Bastard

That was going so well until the final 9 words!!